• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus

jdyson

restricted access
So, why are you here calling yourself a Christian if you do not believe the Bible?
Willy, I have enjoyed our back and forth.

I believe in the word of God as relayed to us by fellow human beings recorded in the verses, combined into a book, we call the bible.

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.

Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, 10th century BC, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after

The above was written by people over 2,000 years ago and personally I do not believe humans in this timeline could have come up with this narrative without help from an outside source.

I believe Jesus had a deep understanding of this moral imprint that is woven into scripture that comforts me.
Yes, I am a Christian

Willy

Pro Poster
So, why are you here calling yourself a Christian if you do not believe the Bible?

I believe in the word of God as relayed to us by fellow human beings recorded in the verses, combined into a book, we call the bible.

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.

Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, 10th century BC, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after

The above was written by people over 2,000 years ago and personally I do not believe humans in this timeline could have come up with this narrative without help from an outside source.

I believe Jesus had a deep understanding of this moral imprint that is woven into scripture that comforts me.
Yes, I am a Christian
After considering your response, the following statement makes more sense …

"The DNA of a human being is 16% identical to a head of lettuce."

Willy

Pro Poster

Yes, I am a Christian

The Lord Jesus said:

John 10:11, 14-16, 26-28

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. ...

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd. ...

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

:bible:

jdyson

restricted access
Willy, I am sure it gets a little boring talking to yourself but do carry on; I visit from time to time, you do contribute, just not sure which side you are on.

Willy

Pro Poster
You mock God.
This is between you and me, God is just a spectator.
Your destiny is the Lake of Fire.

Willy, when talking to yourself about yourself, it is best to keep your personal thoughts personal and not on an open public forum.
Just a friendly suggestion between friends

I'm talking to you, not myself. I have no power to put you anywhere, all I can do is warn you.

This has nothing to do with you and me and everything to do with you and God. He is the one you mock and He has said you will reap what you sow.

You reject His love and make a mockery of His Words.

You need to deal with Him with respect to your sin or you will remain dead to Him.

Solution: Deal honestly with God and what He says in His Word.

jdyson

restricted access
I'm talking to you, not myself. I have no power to put you anywhere, all I can do is warn you.
You are not warning me, your use of the word, speaking to me as "you reject" & "you need" which makes you the one
This has nothing to do with you and me and everything to do with you and God.
then there is nothing left for you to say since this is between me & God; not you
He is the one you mock
God and I have have known each other for a very long time. He sees your gibberish for what it is.
and He has said you will reap what you sow.
He was speaking to you as well
You reject His love and make a mockery of His Words.
No, not me, it is YOU
You need to deal with Him with respect to your sin or you will remain dead to Him.
I AM NOT DEAD TO Him, as I said; we have known each other for a very long time.
Solution: Deal honestly with God and what He says in His Word.
I will & have been; now you must do the same for He sees you for what you are. He sees someone lost, looking for the way.
I pray you find the path