• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

question

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Luke 17:26-30 would this be for the rapture or when Jesus comes back for the millinium?
Yes, I think it is talking of the genocide that Jesus is to bring us.

I wonder if Christians are ready to call Hitler, St. Hitler.

What is it with Christians adoring a genocidal God?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
I hope Gnostic Christian has been banned.
I know.

Few like to face how immoral their thinking is.

Your ilk used death and inquisitions because your type cannot debate34 morals.

That is why you adore a genocidal, homophobic and misogynous God.

Regards
DL

Betty52

Advanced Poster

John 3:16-18

New King James Version

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access

John 3:16-18​

New King James Version​

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You ignore your just reward, as taught by Jesus.

He taught that we all die for our own sins.

You are trying to make Jesus into a liar.

You ignore that you have to sin to be saved your way.

You insult Jesus.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
I do not insult Jesus. I worship Him.
betty
You insult Jesus by thinking he would ask you to abdicate your responsibility for your sins.

Jesus would not ask you to sin by breaking the laws he taught.

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.
Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

Betty52

Advanced Poster
The Jews used a scapegoat in their religious ceremony. The scapegoat was a symbol of redemption coming in the future with Jesus sacrificing Himself for our sins. No one can enter Heaven without redemption through Jesus.
Betty

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
The Jews used a scapegoat in their religious ceremony. The scapegoat was a symbol of redemption coming in the future with Jesus sacrificing Himself for our sins. No one can enter Heaven without redemption through Jesus.
Betty

Do you think Jesus would ignore his own teachings as well as promoting you abdicating your own responsibility?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Are those quotes showing good morals, and why are you advocating the immoral opposite?

Do you not care about morals?

Regards
DL

Betty52

Advanced Poster
DL

As a Christ follower, it is important that I live a moral life. Doing so will not save me. I cannot add anything to what Christ accomplished on the cross for my salvation. We seek to live a moral life out of our love for our Savior: Christ.
Betty

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
DL

As a Christ follower, it is important that I live a moral life. Doing so will not save me. I cannot add anything to what Christ accomplished on the cross for my salvation. We seek to live a moral life out of our love for our Savior: Christ.
Betty
You show your love for Jesus by ignoring the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty that you selfishly favor.

Read what he taught above, for the first time, and do not sin mightily to be saved.

You were never condemned in the first place.

To think Jesus as the Father would condemn you just to turn and die for you is both immoral and stupid.

Let's end here, because if you do not see the sin that a savior would be asking you to do now, you never will.

Regards
DL