• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Memorial Day

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
When I was a kid there were veterans still alive from the Spanish-American war, World War I, World War II, the Korean War and fighting in Vietnam. All before were reduced to words in books. Those voices during a much different society and technology than today brought a valuable wisdom to share with the rest of us then.

I served in naval intelligence during Vietnam. That gave me a deeper understanding of what they were thinking and feeling. Of how they saw the world around them at that time.

Today the voices of the Spanish-American war, World War I and largely World War II are now words in a book.
Yes, we had the flower children, hippies, yippies and yuppies of the 60s. Those that thought they had the solution to world peace, but didn't have a clue.

Today is a day of reflection upon those who gave their lives to defend our liberties. A day of remembrance for those who served but still live. A time to understand there has never been the time when there were not people trying to conquer others, destroy the beliefs of others and take the possessions of others for themselves. So there were never be a time when there is not a need for some to protect others with their lives.

Just some food for thought on this Memorial Day.