• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Matthew 28:1-10 versus John 20:1 and 2.

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
Willy,

So you're saying that the Matthew account is referring to the second time that Mary M. came to the tomb?

That is what I thought possible going over it, researching your post, … but my position is still one of independent recollection, …
But what if one independent recollection seems to contradict an other independent recollection?
Don't quibble over trivialities.
There were two Marys.
Matthew records one angel, John two.
John 20:19 records Jesus suddenly materialising a human body right in the midst of the disciples in the locked upper room; how do you explain that?

rstrats

Advanced Poster
Willy,

So you're saying that the Matthew account is referring to the second time that Mary M. came to the tomb?

That is what I thought possible going over it, researching your post, … but my position is still one of independent recollection, …
But what if one independent recollection seems to contradict an other independent recollection?

John 20:19 records Jesus suddenly materialising a human body right in the midst of the disciples in the locked upper room; how do you explain that?
That's an issue for a different topic.