• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Learn to be strong when you are weak

Jennifer Rogers

Paul testified of his miraculous experience of going to heaven to those who doubted his apostleship. But more than this, Paul boasted of the Lord's power, which was manifested in his body because of his weaknesses. fruits of the spirit wall art

2 Corinthians 12:1-13
[1] I must boast, though it is of no avail, I shall speak of visions and revelations of the Lord. [2] I know a man in Christ who was taken fourteen years ago to the third heaven (either in the body or out of the body, I don't know, God knows). [3] I know him (either in his body, or out of his body, I don't know, God knows) [4] was taken up to Paradise; There he hears things that cannot be said, and that no one is allowed to say.
[5] Of that man I will be proud; but of myself, I am not proud, only proud of my weaknesses. [6] Even if I wanted to be proud, I'm not a fool, for I speak the truth. But I refrain from doing that so that no one thinks better of me than what they see in me and hear in me. [7] To keep me from being proud of these wondrous revelations, a splinter has pierced my flesh; a messenger of Satan beat me so that I would not be proud. [8] Three times I prayed to the Lord to let him go away from me. [9] But the Lord said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will gladly boast of my weaknesses, so that the strength of Christ may be in me. [10] Therefore, for Christ's sake, I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, in troubles. Because when I'm weak, I'm strong.
[11] I was crazy! You forced me to be like that. In fact, you should praise me; for even though I am nothing, I am not inferior to the other great apostles. [12] The signs of an apostle have been shown among you: endurance, signs, wonders, and mighty works. [13] For, apart from the fact that I myself do not trouble you, are you inferior to other churches? Forgive me for this unfairness!
Think and understand
Paul had much to say from the point of view of his spiritual experience, but because there was a risk of being overestimated, and also a risk of being conceited, he did his best not to make him feel bad. I stand out. Even so, God gave Paul a painful “splinter” to prevent him from becoming arrogant, even just a little. Then, in response to Paul's earnest pleas to make that splinter go away, God said: “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. weak". Through this, Paul gradually realized the truth of being strong when you are weak. He wanted those in the Corinthian church to recognize the authenticity of his apostolic status in this image of him, and to distinguish him from the false apostles (verses 1-13). Jesus and lion canvas
What is God like?
Verses 7 God considered Paul himself more important than the work that God would do through Paul. Because of this, God put a splinter in his body so that he would not become arrogant. Similarly, God wanted Paul to be a needy, but humble and wise missionary, not a brilliant but arrogant and foolish missionary.
Did he give me lessons?
Verses 11-13 More than a sign or miracle, “love is patient,” a true mark of an apostle. This is because the life of the cross cannot be lived without the power of the Holy Ghost, but signs and miracles can be manifested by Satan.

Refer
12:9-10 My grace is sufficient for you. Paul says that God's grace is "sufficient" (in the present tense). This emphasizes the continued availability of God's grace to Paul and to all believers (see Romans 8:31-39). My strength is made perfect in weakness. Paul's weakness (not His revelations) was God's way of manifesting His power. This is the basis of Paul's defense throughout the book of 2 Corinthians.
Prayer: Lord, help us to see Your grace, which does not leave us even while the splinter is in us. Help us to live by that grace.
Bible Reading of the Year: Ezekiel 40-43