• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Is belief in the Trinity necessary for salvation?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The concessions of trinitarian scholarship is helpful (which is why I use them) but the trump is Jesus of Nazareth. His God (and my God) is only one person, the Father.
speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

New International Version​

The Word Became Flesh​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

The concessions of trinitarian scholarship is helpful (which is why I use them) but the trump is Jesus of Nazareth. His God (and my God) is only one person, the Father.
speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

“Jesus of Nazareth is not a human person.” Do you agree or disagree?

disagree.

Then you and I are in agreement that Jesus is a human person.

Trinitarianism has historically taught that Jesus is a divine person, not a human person.

Do you attend a church?
false claim.

define church.
define church.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

speaking as a human,

explain this:

John 1​

The Word Became Flesh​

“Jesus of Nazareth is not a human person.” Do you agree or disagree?

disagree.

Then you and I are in agreement that Jesus is a human person.

Trinitarianism has historically taught that Jesus is a divine person, not a human person.

Do you attend a church?
false claim.

define church.
define church.

A body of believers. I was just wondering if you‘re a member of a denomination or if you’re a loner.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
My thread on creation (titled “The Pale Blue Dot”) was deleted for reasons unknown to me.

I’ll build on it here, in conjunction with the paltry discussion on John 1:1-5.

”By the word of Yahweh the heavens were made, and by the breath if his mouth all their host.”

(Psalm 33:6)

Matthias

Advanced Poster
“When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
What is man, that You take thought of him,
And the son if man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!”

(Psalm 8:3-5)

Matthias

Advanced Poster
“In the beginnynge was the worde and the word was with God: and the worde was God. The same was in the beginnynge with God. All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men and the lyght shyneth in the darcknes but the darcknes comprehended it not.”

(John 1:1-5)