• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Idols

Speak Light

restricted access
Catholic Translations do not have the Hebrew word “ BOW DOWN “ referring to all of the commandments forbidding to Bow Down to images.

Exo 20:5, Exo 23:24, Num_25:2, Lev 26:1, Deu 5:9, Jos 23:7, Jos 24:12, Jdg 2:19, Psa 22:29, Psa 22:29, Psa 72:9, Pro 14:19, Isa 10:, Isa 49:23, Isa 58:5, Isa 60:14, 2Ki 5:18, 2Ki_17:35, Job 39:3, Psa 31:2, Psa 95:6, Psa 144:5, Isa 10:4, Isa 45:23, Isa 51:23, Rom 11:10, Deut 5:9, Jos_23:7, Jos_23:16, Jdg_2:12, Jdg_2:17, Jdg_2:19, 2Ch_25:14

In over 32 verses the Hebrew manuscripts are commanding = do not bow down to Images and Idols

The Protestant Church Of England corrected this in the K.J.V.
but Idols and Mary worship and the EURCHARIST were the only three things that The Church of England had disagreements about with the Catholic Church. Everything else, the K.J.V. is copied nearly exactly word for word, line by line exactly from the Catholic Translation.

If you were to take the Roman Catholic Douay Rheims Translation and the KJV side by side and read them both, you would not be able to tell any differences in 99 % of the Bible. The Church Of England had not broken away from the Catholic Church Of Rome no less that a single generation until the KJV was granted as a - Permit Bible { A BIBLE PERMIT } was given to the public - authorized for the public to have, that reflected the Protestant Church Of England, that had just broken from their mother Rome just less than 30 years previously.

not even, 30 years
had passed, and here, the English government is literally copying word for word exactly from the Douay Rheims word for word, identically and exactly, chapter and verse.

The JKV translators ONLY were concerned ONLY about changing and altering and fixing the errors of the Catholic Vulgate and Douay Rheims - in specifically, centralizing and orbiting around - bowing down to IDOLS and MARY WORSHIP, and the EURCHARIST - On these three areas, the KJV is different - everything else, the KJV copied exactly the same as the Vulgate and Douay Rheims in 99 % of the translation.

In theory Catholics and Protestants agree upon nearly everything

think of what the translations would be today had the bible been translated from the original manuscripts.

Once a book becomes a bestseller, it would be a crime to make corrections. in fact it would be a crime worthy of death.

Last edited:

Speak Light

restricted access
Even Martian Luther himself translated his Lutheran Bible in German, directly from the Catholic Latin Vulgate,

Luther did not even have access nor possession of Greek or Hebrew manuscripts,

The Protestant world did not find this interesting or have any questions, they in fact loved his translation.

His Bible, was a duplicate copy of the Latin Vulgate - Martian Luther simply went in and modified and changed a few select passages to reflect what he personally felt was incorrect doctrine in the Vulgate.

Today, we have over 5,000 manuscripts of the Greek New Testament, most of which have been only discovered in the last 150 years -

The majority of NT manuscripts found were accidently found, - not preserved, - not safe guarded, nor protected and valued.

just as the KJV - the JKV is a word for word exact duplicate copy of the English Douay Rheims Catholic Translation word for word exactly in 99 % of the translation. The Church of England went in and modified and changed a few select passages to reflect what they believed the Catholic Church was in error.

This to me, is what is truly interesting.

My previous above post was not attempting to address any of the false translations within the Trinitarian Translation. However in other posts in other doctrinal subjects i have presented the following passages to prove and demonstrate false translation.

Php 2:5 - 7, Mat 27:29, Luk 6:6, Act 3:7, Rev 1:16, Rev 1:17, Rev 13:16, Mat 25:33, Mat 5:30, Mat 5:39, Rev 10:2, Luk 22:50, Joh 18:10, Gen 30:8, Act 17:29, Luk 17:29, Rev 9:17, Rev 21:8 , Rev 20:10, Rev 19:20, Rev 9:18, Rev20:10, Rev 19:20, Rev14:10 Act 17:29, Mat 26:64, Rom 8:34, Eph 1:20, Heb 12:2, Heb 1:3, Heb 8:1, Heb 10:12, 1Pe 3:22, Mat 22:44, Mar 12:36, Act 2:34, Mar 12:36, Mar 16:12, Psa 81:4

Neither yourself not any other Trinitarian has ever even addressed nor responded to anything whatsoever concerning these specific passages, it is all completely ignored because there is no honest defense when attempting to prove that Trinitarians have manuscripts for their faith system..

I believe that God has preserved his word and that the manuscript copies that exist today are the original writings and original message - as the original message of the original manuscripts themselves.

In love and respect

Betty52

Advanced Poster
I believe that we can trust the Bible. Surely a God that can create the universe with just a word can protect His Holy Word!
Betty

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
NIV
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
I did a quick search for one of the verses listed in the OP (Exodus 20:5) using the NABRE Catholic Bible and it uses the phrase “bow down”. Using Bible Gateway, the search for “bow down” pulled up 103 occurrences in this translation.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
I did the same search using the NCB Catholic Bible. That search pulled up 82 occurrences of the phrase ”bow down”.

Unlike NABRE, this translation doesn’t use the phrase in Exodus 20:5. It does use it in other verses listed in the OP.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Curious, I also checked an older translation, the DRA Catholic Bible, for the phrase “bow down”. It pulled up 63 occurences.

Interestingly, the first occurrence of the phrase in verses listed in the OP, in the order given, was found in Isaiah 60:14.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
you gave no source to compare against.

My source was given in posts #7, #8, #9 and #10 -> Bible Gateway.

I compared 4 Catholic translations in response to the assertion made in the OP that Catholic translations of the Bible don’t use the phrase “bow down”.

I’m not certain why the OP asserted that they don’t but the searches I made show that at least four Catholic translations do.