• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Hello brothers and sisters

Slic_Shoes

My name is Brett. I am 39 years old with an amazing and beautiful wife, and 2 wonderful kids. I gave my life to the Lord when I was 12 years old. In my late teens I met the wrong girl and my priorities changed which left me putting God on the back burner of my life. I ended up experimenting with drugs and alcohol and living with her. She left after a couple years and I fell into a deep and almost deadly drug and alcohol addiction. God never left me. In fact He made himself very clear to me throughout those years. I was just to ashamed and addicted. A few years later I met my now wife. We both partied and lived in sin and she ended up getting pregnant. Addicted and not thinking straight I left her and started seeing someone else. Thank God that didn't work out. On the day our son was born we weren't together but I was there for his birth. I started the morning off getting high before we went to the hospital and made sure I had a pocket full of pills to get me through the day. I remember sitting in the delivery room watching the Andy Griffith show when I noticed a familiar presence enter the room. A few hours later as my son was being born I looked at my wife (just baby's mama at the time) and I became sober. My mind became clear. I instantly started falling in love with her. Moments later when our son came into this world the presence of God was heavy on me. At that moment I knew that if I didn't give my life back to God and serve him I was going to die. That very second I quit everything and began my journey with Christ in restoration and redemption. I have been clean and sober for over 12 years and LOVE being a husband and father and leading my household in Christ.

I look forward to joining into conversation with fellow believers in this forum. God bless you all.