• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 6:17-18

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 6:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Galatians 6:17-18 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

17 From now on, I don’t want anyone to give me any more tsuris, because I have scars on my body to prove that I belong to Yeshua!
18 The grace of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 We are not to let men cause trouble for us or another way of saying it is to allow men to prevent us from serving the Lord, Paul is not saying he don’t care about people but that he won’t let them put limits on God’s work. Paul was beaten a persecuted like many Christians had but God still had a plan for Paul so men could not do away with him till it was God’s will.

18 We can not live as Christians without grace, we are sinners saved by the grace of Jesus. He Spirit is what gives us life and lets live our life for Him.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Well said.

The government of the time did oppose them. So, the did defy the government and continued obeying God.

What many miss is when the government punished them, they accepted the punishment.

So, the excuses of many today that the government is not allowing them to be better Christians doing more is an excuse. The martyrs of old would be stunned if they saw the realities of today.