• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 6:12-14

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 6:12-14 King James Version (KJV)
12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Galatians 6:12-14 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

12 It is those who want to look good outwardly who are trying to get you to be circumcised. The only reason they are doing it is to escape persecution for preaching about the Messiah’s execution-stake.13 For even those who are getting circumcised don’t observe the Torah. On the contrary, they want you to get circumcised so that they can boast of having gained your adherence.14 But as for me, Heaven forbid that I should boast about anything except the execution-stake of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! Through him, as far as I am concerned, the world has been put to death on the stake; and through him, as far as the world is concerned, I have been put to death on the stake.

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 We should be more concerned to look good by the Spirit rather then have our flesh be good. Circumcision was of the flesh but not of the Spirit, Circumcision was of the law which we could not keep, all we need is Christ. As Christians we are going too hated because we follow Christ.

13 Even though people are circumcised they still fall guilty by the law as we all do. It was a matter of doing something to make they feel over other people. Today people hold to some legalist tactics often so that they can say they are doing something everyone is not this way they can feel superior.

14 If we boast, let us boast in the Lord, how He has helped us and not what we did, as Christians we do things to serve the Lord but we should boast in Him for the chance to serve.