• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 5:18-19

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:18-19 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, then you are not in subjection to the system that results from perverting theTorahinto legalism.

19 And it is perfectly evident what the old nature does. It expresses itself in sexual immorality, impurity and indecency;

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 To be under the Spirit is to be following the Spirit being moved by the Lord and not under the law, this does not mean we reject the morals that God handed down to us but it means that the Spirit leads us which the Spirit will not lead us against the law.

19 The works of the flesh are the desires that we want as people. Adultery is to have sex a married person or you being married having sex with anyone who you are not married to. Fornication is sex outside marriage, adultery is a form of fornication. Uncleanness is a spiritually state of being in sin and not right with the Lord. Lustfulness is to desire the things of this world the flesh. We are not to live in these ways.

Galatians 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:18-19 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, then you are not in subjection to the system that results from perverting theTorahinto legalism.

19 And it is perfectly evident what the old nature does. It expresses itself in sexual immorality, impurity and indecency;

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 To be under the Spirit is to be following the Spirit being moved by the Lord and not under the law, this does not mean we reject the morals that God handed down to us but it means that the Spirit leads us which the Spirit will not lead us against the law.

19 The works of the flesh are the desires that we want as people. Adultery is to have sex a married person or you being married having sex with anyone who you are not married to. Fornication is sex outside marriage, adultery is a form of fornication. Uncleanness is a spiritually state of being in sin and not right with the Lord. Lustfulness is to desire the things of this world the flesh. We are not to live in these ways.

The issue I believe which has confused Christianity for centuries is the tension between grace and works. Salvation is by Grace, but not everyone who is "saved" will be in the first/ sanctification (kingdom of God) resurrection. The royal priesthood of Christ is the first resurrection whereas the majority of those who receive eternal life by pure grace are not resurrected until a thousand years later. The first resurrection is an inheritance reward given to those who walk in (keep) the guidelines, statutes, and precepts of God's perfect integrated sanctification process- the Ten Commandments. The New Covenant is not a new law, in my opinion the New Covenant is abundant grace provided to Christians as they "grow" in sanctification. Most of the book of Galation's is dealing with circumcision

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I am aware you sell books where you espouse positions you have developed. Problem is they do not agree with the Bible.

Trying to take aspects of the OT and merge it with NT does not work. What you are saying just does not exist in the Bible.

I am aware you sell books where you espouse positions you have developed. Problem is they do not agree with the Bible.

Trying to take aspects of the OT and merge it with NT does not work. What you are saying just does not exist in the Bible.
You are also a biblically ignorant fool.

Christ called people of his day liars, hypocrites, thieves, blind guides, fools, and called Gentiles: Dogs! Did that make him a bigoted hypocrite, or was he simply calling a spade a spade?

Of course he was telling the truth. But he had a basis, you do not.
Really...tell you what partner, I just replied to the 'Unconditional love' thread. I have only touched the tip of the Ice Berge with this brief post. You have no idea of the depth of the deceptions perpetrated on the body of Christ; it's undeniable as well as unbelievable!