• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 5:15-17

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 5:15-17 King James Version (KJV)
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Galatians 5:15-17 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

15 but if you go on snapping at each other and tearing each other to pieces, watch out, or you will be destroyed by each other!

16 What I am saying is this: run your lives by the Spirit. Then you will not do what your old nature wants.17 For the old nature wants what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit wants what is contrary to the old nature. These oppose each other, so that you find yourselves unable to carry out your good intentions.

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 Strife and trouble lead often times to more strife and trouble and it does not fix things. Wars do not happen without first having disagreement. Often times fights bring out the worst of both.

16 To walk after the Spirit is to deny the flesh, it is to reject our own desires to follow Him and want His wants for us. This is the true meaning of being a Christian to reject everything we want for all He wants of us. To reject ourselves for Him takes Him growing us and takes time to do so, it is not an overnight experience but a lifetime experience.

17 The flesh will work against the Spirit so we have to work against our own flesh. We not do what is our will but what is His will, we are to submit to Him, this is what it means for Him to be our Lord.