• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Eph 4:9-10

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Ephesians 4:9-10

KJV9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

WEB9Now this, “He ascended,” what is it but that he also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?10He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 This scripture is most understood that Jesus went to sheol to get the saints of old and bring them into glory other teaching says that He went to lock up satan for a time so the church could grow but this I don’t agree with. I agree with Him going to grave and gather up the saints of old. But this could be move of a reference to Jesus descending into the low of the earth He didn’t come as a famous wealthy man or wasn’t even grown up in a great city but was born in a manger and lived with poor common people. Anything compared to His place on high would have been a step down though He step very far down for us.

10 So now He is in heaven making it ready for us, think about this God made the earth in 6 days while Jesus is showing mercy by letting the earth continue if He is still working on heaven for us how beautiful will it be He has worked on it for much longer then 6 days.

Jessie

Pro Poster
most do not take the time to ponder why God would do this for us

absolutely awesome, actually no words can describe what he has done for us