• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Eph 1:15-18

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Ephesians 1:15-18 King James Version (KJV)
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 1:15-18 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your trust in the Lord Yeshua and your love for all God’s people,16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you. In my prayers I keep asking17 the God of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, the glorious Father, to give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you will have full knowledge of him.18 I pray that he will give light to the eyes of your hearts, so that you will understand the hope to which he has called you, what rich glories there are in the inheritance he has promised his people,

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 The people were not serving so that their actions of faith could be heard they were doing them out of their love for Christ and other believers and for the lost. We should not let people hearing of what we do be our motivation for doing things.

16 We are to pray for one another, Paul was so happy with what they were doing that he kept praying that they keep having chances to do it, Paul could not do everything on his own even with the Spirit leading him, Paul was not meant to do it all on his own but to have help from other believers and this church was giving him that help in serving the Lord.

17 To serve God we need to be able to tell the difference between what God wants and what we want. We also have to have an understanding of scripture and the Lord so that we can share with others.

18 Paul knew that being a Christian at those times meant persecution and Paul wanted to tell them that they would be rewarded. We have so much to look forward to in the Lord we just need to serve Him now and wait on our reward.