• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Do you think there is a need to cast out demons today?

Blowing Wind

Today where it seems a demon can simply be named a diagnosis? Is there any need for a christian to know about casting out devils? Jesus said, these signs will follow them that believe....they will cast out demons. I made a video about my experience in discovering this because I didn't have anyone in a bible believing , tongue speaking church tell me anything about it. Have you had a experience in this?

Heather Frank

restricted access
There are castings out of demons in the Bible, but it's all done by the power of Christ by his disciples. I'd be careful with that, it's done, but it isn't listed as a normally granted gift of the Spirit by Paul in his comments on the Pentecost. There must be something more personally relational going on in that case.

deopasakshi121

I appreciate your thought-provoking question about the role of casting out demons in today's context. It's indeed an interesting topic that holds significant relevance for many Christians.

In my spiritual journey, I stumbled upon the concept of casting out demons through a unique experience. Much like you, I found that this aspect of faith was not widely discussed in the Bible-believing, tongue-speaking church I attended. This prompted me to delve deeper into this facet of Christian belief.

During my exploration, I came across a powerful tool that has greatly aided me in my prayers and spiritual practices: the Orthodox prayer rope. This beautifully crafted tool not only serves as a tangible reminder of faith but also provides a structured way to engage in focused prayer.

The Orthodox prayer rope, with its intricate knots, offers a tactile experience that aids in meditative prayer. It's a powerful companion for anyone seeking to deepen their spiritual connection and understanding of casting out demons. The repetition of prayers, combined with the physical sensation of moving the knots through one's fingers, can be a transformative experience.

I've incorporated the use of the Orthodox prayer rope into my spiritual routine, and I've found it to be a valuable asset in my journey towards a deeper understanding of faith and spiritual warfare. If you're interested, I'd be happy to share more about my experiences with this powerful tool.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Today where it seems a demon can simply be named a diagnosis? Is there any need for a christian to know about casting out devils? Jesus said, these signs will follow them that believe....they will cast out demons. I made a video about my experience in discovering this because I didn't have anyone in a bible believing , tongue speaking church tell me anything about it. Have you had a experience in this?

Demons are beings, rebellious / fallen angels, not a diagnosis of an illness.

They are still present and active in this evil age. Therefore, there is still a need to cast them out of people.