• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Creflo Dollar

jeager106

Getting Started
Here is what wikipedia says:
Creflo Augustus Dollar, Jr. (born Michael Smith [1] January 28, 1962 in College Park, Georgia), is an African-American Word of Faith teacher, pastor, and the founder of the non-denominational World Changers Church International based in unincorporated Fulton County, Georgia,[2] Creflo Dollar Ministerial Association (formerly called International Covenant Ministries), Creflo Dollar Ministries, and Arrow Records. [3] Each of these enterprises is overseen by Dollar and his wife, Taffi Doll

Mega money.
Hey, ya gotta hand it to the guy. He made a bundle selling "god".

Now you know all you never needed to know about Creflo and Taffi. $$$$$$

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
College Park is an interesting area. If you understand it you understand why he is there

Helen

I would say bitter and sweet water....

I don't like the hype ...I don't like the accumulation of millions of $$ But just like Joyce Meyer..and her millions and jests and houses... as Jesus said about the Pharisees "Don't do as they do, but do as they say."

I KNOW Joyce Meyer help me through a hard time a couple of decades back....her "tape of the month" hit the spot every time.
Also Creflo Dollar ( agree, stupid name) his book about/again FEAR is awesome....a couple of decades ago I needed it and read it over and over until fear was broken.

So, I am one who does NOT, - "throw the baby out with the bathwater".

Jessie

Pro Poster
best to stick with the bible
and no its not scriptural people today want this world forgotten about heaven

Heather Frank

restricted access
The whole prosperity gospel goes back to a book called The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism by Max Weber. He thought it was all about whether you worked or not and denied that faith had anything to do with it. I know there's a pert in the Bible that says faith without works is dead, but works without faith is only for atheists, so there.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The claims have abused the Bible on rewards. Yes, we will gain much but in heaven, not on this earth.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member

he lives about 10 miles from me. very quiet and secluded.

Matthias

Advanced Poster

he lives about 10 miles from me. very quiet and secluded.

I lived in Fairburn (Fulton County) - about twelve miles away from him - before I retired and moved back to my home state. The State office building I worked at when I first moved to Georgia was located in College Park. It later relocated to the other side of the Airport and was in the Atlanta city limits (Clayton County), near Forest Park.

Last edited:

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Fulton and Clayton are in sad shape.

he lives in Fayette.

Yes. I lived in Riverdale (Clayton County) when I first moved to Georgia.

Fayette County is in worse shape than it used to be; still in far better shape than Fulton County and Clayton County.

I had a unique job which required me to work in all 159 counties (as well as out-of-state occasionally.)

When State government had a travel ban for employees around 2007, I was one of only a very few who were exempt.

One day the governor and I both needed to use the state helicopter at St. Simon Island (Glynn County). He had priority so he took the helicopter and I took one of the state owned jets.

Last edited:

Matthias

Advanced Poster

Dollar has changed his teaching on tithing since I retired and moved out of the area. He’s backed off, at least on the surface, from the prosperity gospel. Does that not make any difference in the case against made against him in the OP?

Matthias

Advanced Poster

Thanks. Your source confirms my source.

I lost a family to World Changers International Church when I was pastoring a church. I applaud his move away from the prosperity gospel but still have issues with his ministry.