• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Climate is not the only big change coming our way

jdyson

restricted access
Summary Table as of 2017
Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels
Oil Consumption
barrels per year
97,103,871 barrels per day
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)

https://www.worldometers.info/oil/
(Data shown in the table is for 2016. Counter shows current estimate.)
I am bewildered to watch people jump up and down to create renewables because of climate change when at the same time oil reserves are running out too.
I find it ironic that both goals have the same end in mind.
(:-

Heather Frank

restricted access
Oh. I've certainly heard about that pressing problem before. People usually talk about how much world spending and fuel consumption war uses. There's always a peacenik preaching. How about this for a really good answer: we stop and prevent THE ENEMY from making war and using oil instead of "turning on tuning in and dropping" ourselves, and after we've done that less will be consumed daily and yearly over all, and we won't be under pressue to work so hard and consume so much myself.

jdyson

restricted access
Oh. I've certainly heard about that pressing problem before. People usually talk about how much world spending and fuel consumption war uses.

What do we do?
Tell him to stand down.

Joe Manchin, West Virginia senator

1636154632364.png

Manchin has been a spoiled child all his life.

Manchin does not want the minimum wage to go up to $15 an hour because that would mean he will would have to pay his boat crew a decent wage.
Manchin votes against paternity care
Manchin votes against minimum wage hicks

Manchin looks down upon lower class, not a friend among them.
and then there are his friends.

I believe ancester.com found a DNA link between Trump and Manchin’s family tree.

then maybe not
(:-

Last edited:

Heather Frank

restricted access
I think I see your point. He's over consuming on just going nowhere. It isn't science, and it isn't defense either. When I was growing up back in the 80s people used to call that conspicuous consumption, which I'm pretty sure was a euphemism for waste.