• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Biblical Forgiveness

Jennifer Rogers

How can we lead a new believer in the Lord, someone who has just come to Him to receive eternal life? How can we help them to mature in their faith lives? I believe their main aim should be to discover what God has done for them, what He has given them, but sadly that is not the main point of view of the vast majority of faith leaders.

Z1CK6it.png

What we need to ask
If people were asked that Jesus died for their sins in the past, present, and future, they would answer that they believe, but if the question was asked otherwise: “If you sin against God Today, will He accuse you?” They may say Yes or will say No, but either way, the natural reaction is that they will ask for forgiveness and will find a way to somehow compensate for their transgression because otherwise may have their blessings taken away from them by God, or cause tribulation to come as they pay their sin debt.
Thus we find that, although in theory, they believe one thing in their doctrinal understanding, in reality, they live contrary to their belief, that the problem of sin has not been completely resolved and settled at the cross. The problem of sin is still a vicious circle that prevents them from growing in faith. For them, the godly life is still a continual process of confronting sin and receiving forgiveness.
Find forgiveness
"And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is in vain, you are still in your sins." (1 Corinthians 15:17)
Do you believe that Christ is resurrected? I ask again, do you believe that the real Christ has risen? If you do believe that He is resurrected, then you must also believe that you are “no longer in your sins.” This does not mean that you will never sin again, as no one can while living in a human body, but it does mean that God will no longer condemn you for sin. The beginning of this question has been raised thousands of times, and if their faith is true, why are they so busy looking for forgiveness if they do believe in the resurrection? Let's slowly and carefully re-read the above verse: "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is in vain, you are still in your sins." Let's try to think about this verse another way: because of the resurrection of Jesus, you have been delivered from death (Romans 6:32). The resurrection of Christ assures us that past, present, and future sins will never be separated from God, and from death (Romans 6:32). The resurrection of Christ assures us that past, present, and future sins will never again separate us from God, but it is by no means guaranteed that we will. crime again.
If Christ has risen, and we are no longer under the dominion of sin, what now separates you from God? Is that unbelief?
How God Forgives Sins
For a time God gave the Jews a temporary solution to their sin problem: they could offer a sacrifice for sin. But this sacrifice did not bring forgiveness, for if it were to be forgiven, we would not need Christ. But those sacrifices were really meant to remind people of their sins, to remind them that they needed a Savior.
“On the contrary, those sacrifices are nothing more than a yearly reminder of sins.” (Hebrews 10:3)
In contrast, the perfect once-for-all sacrifice of God's only-begotten Son was not just a sacrifice but was forgiveness by which God no longer remembered our sins.
“I will forgive their iniquity, saith the LORD, and remember their iniquity no more. (Jeremiah 31:34).
[The Lord] said again: I will remember their iniquity no more (Hebrews 10:17).
Therefore, now there is no longer any condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
So if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
It is in Christ that we have redemption by His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. (Ephesians 1:17)
In that child, we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:14)
For Christ also died for sins once, as the righteous for the unrighteous, to lead us to God; In the flesh, He died, but in the spirit, He lived. (1 Peter 3:18)
My little children, I write to you, because your sins are forgiven in the name of the Lord. (1 John 2:12)”
The similarity between the Old and New Testament sacrifices is the shedding of blood, and these are the only two ways to remission of sins, whereas the Old Testament sacrifice is a type of true forgiveness that is true. we receive through Christ.