• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Bible verse about faith in God

Jennifer Rogers

Faith is the basic Christian doctrine of belief and attitude because we are saved by faith. Ephesians 2:8. When Christ spoke to the people and healed them, He saw an element of their own faith in each person.

1. The Syrophoenician woman demonstrated steadfast faith. Mark 7:26.

2. The captain shows humble faith. Matthew 8:8 -10.

3. The blind man showed fervent faith. Mark 10:51.

4. Daniel displayed bold faith in the book of Daniel. Daniel 6:10 -23.

Faith is trusting God that leads us to believe His Word, the Bible.

By faith, we accept Jesus Christ as Savior and confess Him to the world.

I. Definition of faith:

Dictionary: Faith is belief, trust, allegiance, or allegiance to a creed or a religion.

Bible: Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the reality of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

We sit to rest, without looking down, put our whole body on a chair, faith says we won't fall to the ground, Faith for a child is so simple to reach, yet so too noble for adults to fully perceive and adequately explain.

Faith is not a blind act of the soul, faith in God is based on the best evidence, the infallible Word of God.

Faith is trusting in the God of the Bible and in the Lord Jesus Christ whom He sent and accepting Him as Savior and Lord in obedience and good works.

Saving faith is personal trust in the Savior Jesus Christ.

II. Need Of Faith:

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for those who draw near to God must believe that God exists and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. "

It is impossible to relate to the invisible God without faith in His existence. We must believe that He exists, that He rewards those who seek Him. That trust is called faith.

Faith is necessary for salvation. Acts 16:31. "Believe... you will be saved."

III. The Nature of Faith:

There are two types of faith related to salvation:

1. Mental Faith: An Knowledge of Christ in History and Common Biblical Acceptance.

2. Heart Faith: A faith that comes from the heart causes a person to act on their faith.

Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ." For example, if a sick person has a bottle of medicine, if he believes in medicine, the natural action will be to take medicine.

Note: We must base our faith on Christ, not on our faith.

True faith in Christ is to believe even to receive Christ. John 1:12, Colossians 2:6.

Neither knowledge nor approval is true faith, true faith involves possession.

Faith is the soul jumping to embrace Christ in whom it trusts.
IV. The Orgininal Of Faith:

1. The Divine Side: Faith is the work of the Triune God.

a. Bishop: Romans 12:3"... According to the measure of faith that God has bestowed upon each one." Thus, each person has the capacity for inner faith.

b. Son: Hebrews 12:2 "Behold the Lord Jesus as the beginning and the end of our faith." - Luke 17:5, "The apostles said to the Lord: Increase our faith." We all have faith, but as we exercise faith and pray, our faith matures and increases.

c. The Holy Spirit: Galatians 5:22 "but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, . . . faith." 1 Corinthians 12:9 "By one Spirit, faith was given to some. Some have more faith than others, for faith is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

2. Human aspect:

- Romans 10:17 "Faith comes by hearing, and by hearing is the preaching of the Word of Christ." As we read the stories and the Word of God in the Bible our faith will grow more and more. As we listen to the Word of God, our faith will grow stronger and stronger.

Acts 4:4 "The people heard the Word (Preaching) and believed.

- Mark 9:24 "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief." May this be our regular confession and prayer.

- Luke 17:5 "The disciples prayed: Increase our faith."

- Matthew 17:19 -21. Jesus taught His disciples that some demons can only be cast out by fasting and prayer, accompanied by a life of living faith in the Lord.

V. Objects Of Faith :

1. God's Word: Faith is not that stupid creed called "belief." That faith must be faith in the Word of God. Faith accepts the claim of the Bible as the revealed Word of God, the very Word of the true God.

2. Person of Christ: Faith in itself is not Savior. It is faith in a person—God called Jesus Christ. Faith in itself is not a merit, but the medium by which we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord.

Because Basic Facilities Of Faith:

The basic elements of faith are the same as the beliefs that we act on in our daily lives. We buy a can of milk at the grocery store and pick up the can without looking inside to see if there is milk inside. We believe in the brand of the milk can and take it home.

All work is carried out on the basis of the basic element of faith and trust in others based on their testimony.

The taxi driver, before waiting for you to leave, does not need to make money first, by faith he believes that you have money and will pay him when you arrive.

Faith in God is putting your trust in Him and in His Word.

VII. Effects Of Faith:

1. We are saved by faith: Genesis 15:6 Abraham believed in God, which was justified to him." Compare Romans 4:3.

2. We receive Christ by faith: John 1:12"...to those who believe in His name."

3. We are justified by faith: Romans 5:1 "justified by faith."

4. We are kept by faith: 1 Peter 1:5 "He who is kept by faith by the power of God."

5. We become children of God by faith: Galatians 3:26 "For we are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ."

6. We are sanctified by faith: Acts 26:18"...sanctified by faith."

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Scriptures say that God controls if we will have faith or not.

It says we have no free will.

Care to view the quotes?

I have them imbedded in this.

===========

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
Faith is the basic Christian doctrine of belief and attitude because we are saved by faith. Ephesians 2:8. When Christ spoke to the people and healed them, He saw an element of their own faith in each person.

1. The Syrophoenician woman demonstrated steadfast faith. Mark 7:26.

2. The captain shows humble faith. Matthew 8:8 -10.

3. The blind man showed fervent faith. Mark 10:51.

4. Daniel displayed bold faith in the book of Daniel. Daniel 6:10 -23.

Faith is trusting God that leads us to believe His Word, the Bible.

By faith, we accept Jesus Christ as Savior and confess Him to the world.

I. Definition of faith:

Dictionary: Faith is belief, trust, allegiance, or allegiance to a creed or a religion.

Bible: Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the reality of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

We sit to rest, without looking down, put our whole body on a chair, faith says we won't fall to the ground, Faith for a child is so simple to reach, yet so too noble for adults to fully perceive and adequately explain.

Faith is not a blind act of the soul, faith in God is based on the best evidence, the infallible Word of God.

Faith is trusting in the God of the Bible and in the Lord Jesus Christ whom He sent and accepting Him as Savior and Lord in obedience and good works.

Saving faith is personal trust in the Savior Jesus Christ.

II. Need Of Faith:

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for those who draw near to God must believe that God exists and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. "

It is impossible to relate to the invisible God without faith in His existence. We must believe that He exists, that He rewards those who seek Him. That trust is called faith.

Faith is necessary for salvation. Acts 16:31. "Believe... you will be saved."

III. The Nature of Faith:

There are two types of faith related to salvation:

1. Mental Faith: An Knowledge of Christ in History and Common Biblical Acceptance.

2. Heart Faith: A faith that comes from the heart causes a person to act on their faith.

Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ." For example, if a sick person has a bottle of medicine, if he believes in medicine, the natural action will be to take medicine.

Note: We must base our faith on Christ, not on our faith.

True faith in Christ is to believe even to receive Christ. John 1:12, Colossians 2:6.

Neither knowledge nor approval is true faith, true faith involves possession.

Faith is the soul jumping to embrace Christ in whom it trusts.
IV. The Orgininal Of Faith:

1. The Divine Side: Faith is the work of the Triune God.

a. Bishop: Romans 12:3"... According to the measure of faith that God has bestowed upon each one." Thus, each person has the capacity for inner faith.

b. Son: Hebrews 12:2 "Behold the Lord Jesus as the beginning and the end of our faith." - Luke 17:5, "The apostles said to the Lord: Increase our faith." We all have faith, but as we exercise faith and pray, our faith matures and increases.

c. The Holy Spirit: Galatians 5:22 "but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, . . . faith." 1 Corinthians 12:9 "By one Spirit, faith was given to some. Some have more faith than others, for faith is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

2. Human aspect:

- Romans 10:17 "Faith comes by hearing, and by hearing is the preaching of the Word of Christ." As we read the stories and the Word of God in the Bible our faith will grow more and more. As we listen to the Word of God, our faith will grow stronger and stronger.

Acts 4:4 "The people heard the Word (Preaching) and believed.

- Mark 9:24 "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief." May this be our regular confession and prayer.

- Luke 17:5 "The disciples prayed: Increase our faith."

- Matthew 17:19 -21. Jesus taught His disciples that some demons can only be cast out by fasting and prayer, accompanied by a life of living faith in the Lord.

V. Objects Of Faith :

1. God's Word: Faith is not that stupid creed called "belief." That faith must be faith in the Word of God. Faith accepts the claim of the Bible as the revealed Word of God, the very Word of the true God.

2. Person of Christ: Faith in itself is not Savior. It is faith in a person—God called Jesus Christ. Faith in itself is not a merit, but the medium by which we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord.

Because Basic Facilities Of Faith:

The basic elements of faith are the same as the beliefs that we act on in our daily lives. We buy a can of milk at the grocery store and pick up the can without looking inside to see if there is milk inside. We believe in the brand of the milk can and take it home.

All work is carried out on the basis of the basic element of faith and trust in others based on their testimony.

The taxi driver, before waiting for you to leave, does not need to make money first, by faith he believes that you have money and will pay him when you arrive.

Faith in God is putting your trust in Him and in His Word.

VII. Effects Of Faith:

1. We are saved by faith: Genesis 15:6 Abraham believed in God, which was justified to him." Compare Romans 4:3.

2. We receive Christ by faith: John 1:12"...to those who believe in His name."

3. We are justified by faith: Romans 5:1 "justified by faith."

4. We are kept by faith: 1 Peter 1:5 "He who is kept by faith by the power of God."

5. We become children of God by faith: Galatians 3:26 "For we are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ."

6. We are sanctified by faith: Acts 26:18"...sanctified by faith."
Greetings
A question of faith, I believe when a person is truly saved by the Lord Jesus Christ he or she is given the Gift of faith of Christ by God Himself, Jesus said no one can come to me, only but God Himself and no one can go to Father, only by me, meaning Jesus Christ's.
So no one individual can not go on their own faith.
Faith is a gift of God by His Son.
Now the saved individual can now have faith in the mercy of God and is able to please God.

1 Cor. 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit;

1 Cor. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22-27 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterward be revealed.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Eph 2:8-9 But after that faith comes, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as having been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So what is faith?
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And He said: 'I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith.

Matthew 6:30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matthew 8:10 (NKJV)
When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!

no faith

little faith

great faith

Faith is the absence of what?
SoreTartGiraffe-size_restricted.gif

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
only by me, meaning Jesus Christ's.
Compared to what Jesus taught as a Jewish Rabbi.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Have you died for your sins, or will you sin by trying to use Jesus as your savior?

Regards
DL

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
only by me, meaning Jesus Christ's.
Compared to what Jesus taught as a Jewish Rabbi.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Have you died for your sins, or will you sin by trying to use Jesus as your savior?

Regards
DL
good question :jumpsmiley:

let see
:grouphug:

Romans 5:19-21 (NKJV) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
Moreover, the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,

Romans 5: 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so, grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
even so, grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5: 21 sin reigned in everyone's death

Ephesians 2:1-2 (NKJV) And you, He (as in Christ) made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,

Ephesians 2:1 all are dead in trespasses and sins

let see
:grouphug:

Psalm 51:5 (NKJV) Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin, my mother conceived me.

in sin, my mother conceived me

Isaiah 1:18 (NKJV) "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.

your sins are like scarlet and like red like crimson

So do you have sin to the die, or do you need Christ as savior?

Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
What Jesus taught, you have ignored, for an immoral dogma that you are not even attempting to argue, loser.

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.
Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL