• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Baking Simple Bread

Willy

Pro Poster
Easiest thing to make and homemade tastes best. Ciabatta bread, … bread flour, yeast, salt, water, … if you have a silicone spatula, you never have to touch the dough … total labor time about 7 minutes …

I'm 71, never made bread before, seemed like it would be too much work and take too much time, … boy was I wrong, … just had the best peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwich on fresh baked crusty ciabatta, … it was as good as the best I have ever eaten, … still can't beat Grandma's …

Recommend everybody experiment with the videos on YouTube … but the spatula is my work around and it works perfectly …

For those that do make bread, share your shortcuts ant tips …

:nod:

Jessie

Pro Poster
my grandmother used to bake bread every week and I wish I had her recipe it was good! maybe both had the same one!

Willy

Pro Poster
Been baking a loaf a day for the last 2 weeks.

Total labor about 10 minutes.

Most of the time it is just sitting in a warm place becoming a gas filled blob of goodness.

Everything is better with fresh baked bread.

Saving huge money on groceries.

Most rewarding single item I have ever cooked ...!!

:birtday: