• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Angel of the Lord

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Note the Bible regular Angels phrase is an angel of the Lord, not the angel of the Lord.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Notice what the angel of the Lord said he did and would do.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Many tried to say the Angel is the pre-incarnate Christ. But that was impossible since the flesh of Christ Did not existence Before the incarnation.

How can you incarnate what already exists?

Notice that after the incarnation the angel of God is never mentioned again.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The angel of the Lord said he was God, responded as God, accepted worship and made decisions as God.

An angel does none of the above.

And God is spirit. Not two spirits and one flesh being.

God has appeared as people, fire, a whirlwind, etc. so why can he not appear as an angel?

Now that the second person Trinity took on flesh he never appears as anything but Jesus Christ.

But before the incarnation he was the spirit who could look like anything you wanted, which ceased at that the incarnation.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I think what confuses many people is they wish to give personage to the flesh of Jesus.

But you cannot find that in the Bible anywhere.

Our personage resides in our spirit.

Our spirit resides in flesh, which the Bible calls a vessel in which we live.

When we die our spirit goes to heaven and our flesh to the ground.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Look at when God appeared to Abraham as 3 men.

Two of them went on to Sodom and Gomorrah and one back to heaven.

In Sodom and Gomorrah the Bible calls them angels because their mission changed to be messengers.

But they were still God because they decided the fate of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lot called them Lords, which angels would not accept being called.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
It is similar to The four living creatures.

Most are determined to call them angels, but they are never identified as angels in the Bible.

Nor does the Greek or Hebrew allow for them to be angels

Strong's Number: 2226 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
zw/'on of a derivative of (2198)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Zoon 2:873,290
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
dzo'-on Noun Neuter
Definition

1. a living being
  2. an animal, brute, beast

Revelation 4:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back.

Ezekiel 1:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human,

trong's Number: 02416 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
yx from (02421)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Chay TWOT - 644a
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
khah'-ee
Definition
adj

1. living, alive
    1. green (of vegetation)
    2. flowing, fresh (of water)
    3. lively, active (of man)
    4. reviving (of the springtime) n m
  2. relatives
  3. life (abstract emphatic)
    1. life
    2. sustenance, maintenance n f
  4. living thing, animal
    1. animal
    2. life
    3. appetite
    4. revival, renewal
  5. community

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed that many are ready for a good battle to defend doctrine or their personal thinking.

But when someone challenges their thinking with biblical proof, etc. they are silent.

Which counts more, defending launch and believe or being correct, even if it means changing your thinking?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I find it sad so many write off those in the tribulation as a lost cause. Hopeless.

But in reality are they anymore hopeless than those in the world around us today?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I find it sad so many write off those in the tribulation as a lost cause. Hopeless.

But in reality are they anymore hopeless than those in the world around us today?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Do I sound preachy, critical and pushy?

Yes I do. But if that's what it takes to wake someone up, so be it.

Heather Frank

restricted access
The identity is debated a lot.

I believe it is the second person of the Trinity.
Angels are created beings and not part of the Godhead. You must not have been raised and educated in one of the Trinitarian religions. The three members of the Godhead are The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Angel has two uses in the Bible. One is a type of spirit being. But it always means a messenger from God. Do some study, the Angel of God in the Bible acccepts worship and heavenly titles. Regular angels never do. Humans are also called Angels at times, as in the seven churches of Revelation.