• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

3 John 1-2

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
3 John 1:1-2

KJV 1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

MKJV 1 The elder to Gaius the beloved, whom I love in the truth. 2Beloved, in regard to all things I pray that you prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Gaius was like John’s understudy and John would have been like a mentor to him. Gaius in no way was saved by John but thru Jesus only but John had influence by Christ working thru him to help Gaius grow in faith and truth.

2 John wanted the best for Gaius. We should want the best for each other, have such a great love for each other that Christ showed first to us. Without the Lord in our lives there isn’t any true prospering but with Him in our lives the littlest things and smallest amounts can be seen as prosperity and this the world can understand because they don’t know our Jesus.