• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The Crucifixion

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
The Crucifixion
"Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You

1659131055148.png
John 17:1-26 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
"I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You.
For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; they have believed that You sent Me.
I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.
Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.
I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
And for their sakes, I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. O, righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You, and these have known that You sent Me. And I have declared to them Your name and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

The Trial
R (77).jpeg
Matt 27:1-27 When morning came, all the chief priests and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death.
And when they had bound Him, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor.
Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." And they said, "What is that to us? You see to it!"
Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself. But the chief priests took the silver pieces and said, "It is not lawful to put them into the treasury, because they are the price of blood."
And they consulted together and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
Therefore that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day.
Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying, "And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the value of Him who was priced, whom they of the children of Israel priced,
and gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord directed me."
Now Jesus stood before the governor. And the governor asked Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?" So Jesus said to him, "It is as you say."
And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing.
Then Pilate said to Him, "Do You not hear how many things they testify against You?"
But He answered him not one word, so that the governor marveled greatly.
Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished.*
and at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas.
Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?"
For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.
While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, "Have nothing to do with that just Man, for I have suffered many things today in a dream because of Him."
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus.
The governor answered and said to them, "Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" They said, "Barabbas!"
Pilate said to them, "What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" They all said to him, "Let Him be crucified!"
Then the governor said, "Why, what evil has He done?" But they cried out all the more, saying, "Let Him be crucified!"
When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, "I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it."
And all the people answered and said, "His blood be on us and on our children."
Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.
Then the soldiers of the

The Cross Four aspects of Christ and his suffering;
1659132052626.png
(1) physical suffering at the hands of men, tied Jesus to post and whipped down and scorn by men for six hours non-stop after they fashion a crown and trusted upon his head, then tried by his people, and sentenced to death, he carries his cross about 3 hours across a road called by Via Dolorosa (Latin for Way of Grief or Way of Suffering) at 9 am begin to put him on the cross.

(2) physical suffering, stretched him on the cross, drove stakes into his hands and feet, and then crucifixion, was a death of slow suffocation, every time he wanted to breathe the pain in his wrist and hands, then his feet once he could no longer use the wrist and hands. From the tip of his fingers to the tip of his toes and all in between, he felt the horrible pain of crucifixion at 12 noon.

(3) All the guilt for all the sin of all his elect, God the Father said, he bore our sin in his body and said this that Jesus Christ on the cross became the object of God’s judgment and punishment. On top of that, he took our shame, guilt, sins, complaints, selfishness, pride, and every drop of our faults, we are just one of these persons, multiply the guilt, shame, sins, etc. by a billion people, you and I could never begin to acknowledge it. The crucifixion was not just a man dying, it was the son of God, which hated sin, and had no part of sin, which was bearing the guilt, the awesome powerful weight of all of the elect.

(4) part of his suffering was the fact that those he loved, the disciples which he ate, slept, and taught, he shared the revelation of the truth of God with them, things no one had ever heard, here he was crying out to his Father on the toughest night if it is you will let this cup pass over me, the disciples fell asleep in his moment of need. When he was hanging on the cross, he said 12 hours my God, my God why have you forsaken me, and 3 hours in hell, it was bad enough he was abandoned by his friends, but abandoned by his heavenly father, my God, my God why have you forsaken me. He knew why he came, to give his life for a ransom for many and brought up those in hell. When God saw him he saw him as sin, the sin-bearer. All the judgment of God came upon Jesus. All that God saw in Jesus was pure sin. All the judgment of God came on sin that he had hated so much; the wickedness of sin poured down his fury came upon him. The object of God’s hatred and animosity.

(5) All the sin stored up all those years from the time passed to every president, and the future God in all his fury and hatred of sin came upon the Lord Jesus Christ, he punished Jesus for your sin and my sin. Everything God the Father hated about sin he punished Jesus with, wave after wave of God’s wrath, wave after wave of God’s judgment, then it subsided and Jesus said it was finished. The final sacrifice, the atonement of the son of the elect, Suddenly was over and then Jesus said, into thy hands I commend my spirit, there is no death like the death of Jesus, cause no one ever bore the weight of our sin or the wrath of God as he did. The grace of God the Father. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

The Blood of Christ Shedding of Blood
OIP (56).jpeg
Hebrews 9:18-22 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, "This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you."
Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry.
And according to the law, almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood, there is no remission.

Ephesians 1:3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Leviticus 6:27 Everyone who touches their flesh must be holy. And when its blood is sprinkled on any garment, you shall wash that on which it was sprinkled, in a holy place.

Colossians 1:13-16 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Revelation 1:5 Jesus the Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Hebrews 12:22-24 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Leviticus 14:54-57 "This is the law for any leprous sore and scale, for the leprosy of a garment and of a house, for a swelling and a scab and a bright spot, to teach when it is unclean and when it is clean. This is the law of leprosy." (Because of daily sin a regeneration from Christ's blood)

Deuteronomy 32:13-14 "He made him ride in the heights of the earth, That he might eat the produce of the fields; He made him draw honey from the rock, And oil from the flinty rock; Curds from the cattle, and milk of the flock, With fat of lambs; And rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, With the choicest wheat; And you drank wine, the blood of the grapes………… (the blood of the grapes is a symbol of God’s mercy).

My old ways
1659131782817.png
Colossians 2:14
nailing it to his cross

Colossians 2:11-23 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.
Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations--
"Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,"
which all concern things which perish with the using--according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.​

Attachments

• download (40).jpeg
    download (40).jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
  • OIP (56).jpeg
    OIP (56).jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Why do you think that Yahweh sent Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself?

Would you step up to die as a condition you set for forgiving, or would you send your child to die?

In human morality, we parents would step up.

Yahweh seems to not be as moral as humans are.

I have other issues that I show below, but wanted this one separate.

I hope you are here to debate and not just preach.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.
Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
Why do you think that Yahweh sent Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself?

Would you step up to die as a condition you set for forgiving, or would you send your child to die?

In human morality, we parents would step up.

Yahweh seems to not be as moral as humans are.

I have other issues that I show below, but wanted this one separate.

I hope you are here to debate and not just preach.

Regards
DL
Romans 12:1-2 (KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1659803656800.jpeg

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.
Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL
Galatians 4:21-24 (KJV) Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh, but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

1659804145879.jpeg

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Bottom line, except for all immoral thinkers.

Stop asking Jesus to sin for you.

Regards
DL

TheWordIsOne

Getting Started
Bottom line, except for all immoral thinkers.

Stop asking Jesus to sin for you.

Regards
DL
do everything with love
OIP - 2022-06-26T185103.036.jpeg

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
You say to do everything with love, then are aske us to hate our own gay or female children, --- for being inferior.

You might want to revue your morals.

I have seen that you are a moral coward though.

Strange you do not know shame.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Thank you.

You are immoral and that is what troubles you and has you name calling instead of arguing for the prick of a God you follow.

Inquisitors had the same mind set.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Thank you.

You are immoral and that is what troubles you and has you name calling instead of arguing for the prick of a God you follow.

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is a religious cult, it is by definition under the law, not by Grace
The inquisitors law includes mass murder for not believing as you do.

Do you see that as good law?

Is it a good law to have people hate their gay children and devalue women?

You always run from moral discussions. Why?

Do you recognize that you cannot win them?

You must.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Thank you.

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is a religious cult, it is by definition under the law, not by Grace
All Christian and myriad of Abrahamic based cults and religions, including Islam, are slave holding ideologies, and have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.

Both of our mainstream religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values

Is religion an ideal barometer of Western values or merely an oppressor of them? The conclusions set forth in the documentary The Theft of Our Values...

topdocumentaryfilms.com

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Moral people will agree.

Regards
DL