• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 26, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Complete Trust In God

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

When my son died, the only thing keeping me going was God. My heart was broken into so many pieces and yet even in my darkest hours, I knew that I could still trust in God.

I learned that complete trust requires us to trust God even when nothing makes sense. To trust when we see no reason or why God allows bad things to happen to us. It's easy to trust God when everything is going great, but it requires courage to trust in times of great grief.

I wish I could say that I never have times of doubt, but that will be a lie. There are still times that I wrestle with God, wanting Him to tell me why my son had to die, then God gently reminds me that it is not my place to demand answers from God, but to trust God in all circumstances. It is when I stop demanding answers but instead choose to trust Him. My friends, we have to choose to trust God.

Betty

1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Refrain:
      Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 27, 2022

Happy Monday,

Be Prepared

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
(1 Peter 5:8

God in His Holy Word, warns us to be prepared for attacks from the devil and his demons. If we are prepared we can shut him down by quoting Scriptures and singing praises to God.

Another way to prepare is to put on the armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-20

New King James Version

The Whole Armor of God

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

We live in evil times. People are very angry about the change in abortion laws. As Christians, we are concerned about the unborn. The world is more concerned about losing their rights to abortion. Angry people say and do things that they otherwise would not do.

We need to pray for those on the Supreme Court, people who work in pregnancy crisis centers, and pro-life Churches. We need to pray for their protection from God.

We need to pray that God will open the eyes of people to see that every life is precious to God. That their hearts to see the innocence of the unborn children and their right to live. Pray for God to protect us and help us to stand up for the truth even though it is unpopular.

Betty

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
Liars isn't saints.
Read Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
You CTZs are going to be real disappointed when you discover no one goes to heaven - just like Jesus said.
But keep on calling him a liar if you wich.

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
Where does Old Betty get this nonsense from as my KJV Bible says no such thing:
'In other words, we can live fear-free when we trust in God. Knowing that He has promised to deliver us from evil. As much as we are looking forward to Heaven, God is looking forward to the Heavenly Reunion when all His children will join Him for our Wedding Celebration.
We press onward to our prize of Heaven, seeking to live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. When the world makes fun of Christians so not be arrogant in response but pray for those who have been blinded by the devil.'

Maybe she is blinded by the devil ?

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
Pagan Popey is Satan's man who leads all Catholics into what you CTZs call hell.