• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 2, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Pure in Heart

“The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways, but a good man will be satisfied from above.”
Proverbs 14:1

Isaiah 26:3

King James Version

3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

There are so many things in this world that can distract us from reading the Bible and praying. We can even get to the point that the only prayer we say is a quick prayer at bedtime.

If we are not careful, we can backside. This is a dangerous area to be in. This can cause us to sin. If we are not careful we can reach the danger zone when sinning no longer convicts us.

We need the help of God to stay on the straight path, to put God first in our lives, and to worship God in all circumstances. God wants to help us. All we have to do is ask and then listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking the truth to us. If we ignore the Holy Spirit too many times are ears and hearts will become callous and we will no longer hear the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father give us ears and hearts to hear the warnings of the Holy Spirit. Help us to strong in our faith and resist the devil. Help us to live for you out of a loving heart.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 3, 2022

Happy Friday,

“To God Be The Glory”

Revelation 19:1

Heaven Exults over Babylon

19 After these things I [a]heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belongto the Lord our God!

Do we give glory and honor to our Heavenly Father? Do we stand on the promises of God? Do we trust God through every situation? I would like to say yes to those questions, but I have my doubts and fears at times.

God deserves all of our praise and worship. We should praise God in all circumstances. We may have to worship God with tears flowing down our faces and broken hearts. When we give the honor and glory that is due Him, He will sustain us. Let us offer up the sacrifice of praise even in our darkest days.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 5, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Accepting God’s Will

There is a part of us that understands that God’s Will is the best, but when it hits our family, we can find it hard to understand why. Yesterday was a memorial service for another member of our family. Two deaths in less than a year. It was almost too much to bear.

We cannot help but ask why. Yet, God is God. He does not have to explain Himself to us. Faith is accepting His Will even when His Will cuts us to the core of our being. Faith sometimes requires letting go of our questions and just accepting the Will of God. It is only when we let go and accept the will of God that we will find peace.

We must stand up in our faith and say like Job that we will serve God even though God slays us. It is accepting His Will even when we do not like what happened to us. May God help our family to grow spiritually and our faith to stand strong in adversity.

Betty

Ephesians 4:26

New King James Version

26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,

“Voice Of Truth"

Oh what I would do to have

The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in

Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone

To the realm of the unknown where Jesus is

And He's holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me

Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed

The waves they keep on telling me

Time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win!"

"You'll never win"

But the voice of truth tells me a different story

And the voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"

And the voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"

Out of all the voices calling out to me

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have

The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant

With just a Sling and a stone

Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors

Shaking in their armor

Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me

Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed

The giant keeps on telling me

Time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win!"

"You'll never win"

Out of all the voices calling out to me (Calling out to me)

But the stone was just the right size

To put the giant on the ground

And the waves they don't seem so high

From on top of them looking down

I will soar with the wings of eagles

When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus

Singing over me

Out of all the voices calling out to me

I will choose to listen and believe

I will listen and believe

I will listen and believe the voice of truth

I will listen and believe

Because Jesus you are the voice of truth

And I will listen to you

You are...

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 6, 2022

Happy Monday,

Devote Yourself to Prayer

Colossians 4:2

New King James Version

Christian Graces

2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;

We are living in perilous times. Mass shootings, drive-by shootings, and violence are on the rise, just as Jesus warned about in the last days. If we do not have a healthy prayer life we can fall into fear and depression.

Matthew 24:12-26

New King James Version

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Mankind has given up on God and embraced sin. Many have turned their back on God in favor of political correctness. Sadly, even many Churches have turned from the truth of God’s Holy Word and not only accepted sinful ways but are preaching their approval of sin.

1. Romans 1:28
    And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Timothy 3:8
    Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Today in Houston a group of protestors enter the Lakewood Church and began shouting: “My body, My choice”. Even the sanctity of the Church is violated by those who believe the unborn baby has no choice. I am afraid this is going to become an event that happens more often.

Though the Church service was interrupted, their hate is towards God as much as it is towards Christians. People are rebellious towards God and the laws of God. The Bible makes it clear that things are going to get worse and not better. Our faith must be invested completely in God so we do not waiver in our own beliefs. It is a dangerous to begin to disagree with God’s laws. We open our hearts a little to sin and soon we are flooded by sinful beliefs. Keep our minds stayed on God and His laws. Stayed prayed up so we do not begin to doubt the Word of God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 7, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is a person of the Godhead. He is not an it, nor is He female. The Holy Spirit convicts sinners of their sins.

John 16:7-11

New King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

This is why it is very dangerous for a sinner to mock the Holy Spirit. For only the Holy Spirit can convict sinners and lead them to Jesus.

Matthew 12:31-32

New King James Version

The Unpardonable Sin

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

The Holy Spirit brings us to Jesus so that we may be redeemed. The Holy Spirit enters into our souls the moment we get saved. He guides God’s children and convicts us when we sin. The Holy Spirit will never leave us.

John 14:16-18

New King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

The Holy Spirit teaches us Biblical truths and will give us peace.

John 14:25-26

New King James Version

The Gift of His Peace

25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit gives us the courage to speak the truth in these days when the truth is rejected and hated.

John 14:26-27

New King James Version

26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

In times of trouble, tragedy, and lawlessness the Holy Spirit comforts us.

John 16:7-10

New King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;

In these days of lawlessness and rejection of God, the Holy Spirit guides us through and helps us to stay on the passage of truth and to not be led a stray by false teachings and fables. When we pray to God ask Him to fill us with His wisdom so that we can recognize false teaching. Remember if it does not line up with the Gospel then run from the teaching.

2 John 10

New King James Version

10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;

1 Timothy 6:3-5

New King James Version

Error and Greed

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the [a]doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. [c]From such withdraw yourself.

Matthew 7:13-16

New King James Version

The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 [a]Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

Let us not be guilty of taking the Holy Spirit for granted. He is an important member of the Godhead and we Christians need Him, everyday.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 8, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Joy

The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28, NIV

As Christians, we look forward to Heaven where everything will be perfect. Yet we can have a joyful heart here on earth. Even in the midst of tragedies, we can have a joyful heart as we look forward with great anticipation when we enter the gates of Heaven where no evil abides.

We often go through things on earth that we do not understand the reasoning behind God’s choice, but when we put our complete trust in God, we can have peace.

Even when our hearts are broken and tears blind our eyes, we can cry out for God to bring little diamonds of joy to brighten our days and sustain us until the day we are truly free of these corruptible bodies and take on are glorified bodies.

Let us not allow the troubles of this world to overcome us but keep our hearts on the prize that awaits us.

1. 2 Corinthians 4:8
    We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we areperplexed, but not in despair;

Philippians 3:12
    Pressing Toward the Goal
    Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I presson, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus, we pray.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 9, 2022

Happy Thursday,

God is With Us!

Daily Prayer for June 9
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17, NIV
Lord our Savior, you are our Lord and our Helper. Show yourself again and again in our hearts as the Savior who is strong to help us even in difficult times. Remember the many people who sigh to you. Guide them into the protection of the almighty God. Even if they suffer pain and distress and have to go through fear and anxiety, even if they die, Lord Jesus, you are comfort and help. In everything life brings us you will show yourself as the One who does the will of God and who carries it out for us on earth. “Amen

There are times that we do not feel the presence of God around us. This is a time when God wants us to trust in Him despite what we feel. By trusting in God in these times, our faith will grow.

Our relationship with God is not about feelings it is about placing our complete trust in God, despite our circumstances. As we trust God we will begin to feel His sweet Spirit cover us in peace.

Lift up our hearts and our hands towards Heaven and praise God even in times of turmoil, grief, and confusion. He will bless us as we worship Him in spirit and truth. In all situations offer up our sacrifice of praise to our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 10, 2022

Happy Friday,

The Majesty of God

Ecclesiastes 3:11

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

We are not capable of understanding the majesty of God. His greatness is beyond our comprehension. Yet in His love for mankind, He seeks a relationship with mankind.

God does not choose to send people to hell. We were born in sin and Jesus paid a great sacrifice to redeem all mankind. It is up to each individual to choose for themselves to accept redemption or to reject redemption. Each individual is responsible for their choice.

Those who refuse to humble themselves before Almighty God and accept His precious gift for whatever reason has chosen to spend eternity in hell. Those who humble themselves before God and accept a relationship with God will be rewarded in this life and in eternity.

There is no sin that is worth not having a personal relationship with God in this life and eternity. Anything we give up to accept salvation is worth it. Let us lay aside our pride and give ourselves over completely to our Creator. Any sacrifice we make will be worth it all when we see the face of our Savior and Lord.

Betty

In His Time
In His time, in His time,
He makes all things beautiful, in His time,
Lord, please show me everyday,
As You're teaching me Your way,
That You do just what You say, in Your time.

In Your time, in Your time,
You make all things beautiful, in Your time.
Lord, my life to Your I bring,
May each song I have to sing,
Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 11, 2022

Happy Saturday,

“This Is For My Glory”

Every week there seems like there is another tragedy. It is easy for us to get caught up in the whys. The truth is God has given up this world to its sinful corruption and lawlessness. We are looking at a dark mirror and can not see the plans of God. This is when we have to trust God completely.

While we would like God to explain to us why innocents have to die, who are we to question God. We know that the children are now in Heaven and all their needs are being taken care of by angels.

Let us lay aside our questions and doubts and trust God, through all things. One day we will be with God and all our questions will be answered. For now, let us live our lives for the glory of God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 12, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Tribulation and Judgement Is Coming

Daily Prayer for June 12
“And when he comes, he will prove to the people of the world that they are wrong about sin and about what is right and about God’s judgment. They are wrong about sin, because they do not believe in me; they are wrong about what is right, because I am going to the Father and you will not see me any more; and they are wrong about judgment, because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:8–11, TEV
Lord our God, we thank you that throughout our lives you continually renew your Spirit in us. We thank you that your Spirit enables us to understand Jesus Christ and to follow him all our days on earth. Bless us, and let the revelation of your Spirit come to the world, to the people of all nations, a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit in each heart. But there must still be punishment for sin. For the sake of justice the world has to suffer punishment through judgment. For you, Almighty God, are Lord, and not even Satan, the prince of this world, can act against your will. You will carry out your will through the Holy Spirit. Our task is simply to follow Jesus all our days. This shall be our joy, this priceless gift of following the Lord Jesus. Praise to your name that we have him and his witness in the gospel every day. Praise to your name that every day, even through great distress, we can joyfully follow him in the strength of the Holy Spirit. “Amen

2 Peter 3:4

New King James Version

4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Not only has the world become complacent in their sins they are proud of their sins. Some people even wave their fists in the face of God. They are blind to the soon-coming judgment of this world by God Almighty.

As Christians, we should be seeing that things are falling into place for the reign of the anti-Christ. Who will appear to be kind and loving but will destroy anyone who will not bend to his will.

Christians will soon be leaving this world and it will not be an alien abduction but Jesus calling us to meet him in the clouds.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Christians, be aware of the times we are living in. It will not be long before our work on earth will come to an end and God will call His children home.

Today is the day for salvation. We do, not know what tomorrow holds.

Revelation 22:20

New King James Version

I Am Coming Quickly

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 13, 2022

Happy Monday,

Too Much!

This is more than I can stand= God never asked me to stand alone.

This is too big a burden to carry= God never asked me to carry my

burdens alone.

This pain is too much= God says for us to seek Him for comfort.

We suffer alone because we do not cry out to God for help. Cry out to God and ask Him to use our suffering to help us grow spiritually. Rejoice in what we have. Focus on serving God in the present and look forward to our home in Heaven.

Ask God to help us and fill our hearts with His peace.

Philippians 4:7

New King James Version

7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Seek God with all our hearts.

Jeremiah 29:13

New King James Version

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

A half-hearted search will find half-hearted answers. We must really want to find God. It is not that He is hard to find but He will not be found if we do not really care if we find Him or not.

Many burdens we carry are too much for us this is why we should seek the face of God daily and ask Him to be with us each day. Give glory and praise to God despite our circumstances. Rejoice in the majesty of God. Worship God in Spirit and Truth.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 14, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Suffering and Trials

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”
2 Corinthians 4:1

For now, we can only see our suffering and pain. God sees all things and in His wisdom, He takes us through valleys that we do not understand, but when we put complete trust in God, we can walk through dark valleys with a strong faith in God.

When we trust God with all our hearts we can sing praises amid the pain. We call lay aside our fears when we keep our eyes focused on our Heavenly Father.

Seek to serve God in all circumstances and look forward to our blessed hope-the rapture.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 15, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Be Bold In All Seasons

2 Timothy 4

New King James Version

Preach the Word

4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

A new survey shows many Christians are being silent about their beliefs that are contrary to the world's standards. This is wrong my friends. We are not to conform to the world's standards.

Romans 12:2

New King James Version

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We are to stand for the truth of God’s Word even when it is no longer popular. We are to seek to serve and please God and not mankind. Our Christian duty is not to have many likes on social media or many friends in the real world.

Our Christian duty is to represent the truth of God’s Word, even when it is unpopular to do so. We are to walk in righteousness and Holiness. We can not do this without the help of the Holy Spirit. We cannot serve God and mankind. We have to make a choice.

1. Mark 8:38
    For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

Luke 9:26
    For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son ofMan will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in HisFather’s, and of the holy angels.

May God help us to brave and courageous in these days of lawlessness and sin. May we stand up for the truth of God’s Holy Word. Put on the whole armor of God, so we do not fall into sin.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 16, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Joy In All Circumstances

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4

No one likes to go through trials, and yet the Bible says to be joyful for trials produced steadfastness.

stead·fast·ness

/ˈstedˌfas(t)nəs/

noun

the quality of being resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering:
    "no side wins without steadfastness in the face of adversity

Trials teach us not to waiver in our faith when walking through the fire of trials. The goal of trials is to come out on the other side stronger in our faith.

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Faith is the undercurrent of everything we do as followers of Jesus. Without faith we lose all that Christ died to give us while here on earth. It is by faith we access the peace, joy, guidance, love, and purpose that comes from restored relationship with our heavenly Father. As we seek an increase in faith in response to God’s faithfulness this week, may you experience a greater depth of intimacy with your living, Almighty, and loving heavenly Father.”

As our faith in God grows, our relationship with God grows stronger. As we grow in grace and faith, we will find our relationship with God grows more sweeter. We will become more content and satisfied with what we have. We will realize material things are temporary and what should be our number one goal is to have a better relationship with God.

Hebrews 10:35-39 says, “Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. For, ‘Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.’ But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.”

May God help us to live faithfully and endure trials with strong confidence in our Heavenly Father so that He will be pleased with us. May we be growing spiritually and learning to be steadfast in our faith for His glory.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 17, 2022

Happy Friday,

Satan is Controlling This World

We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
(1 John 5:19)

It seems like I am always surprised about how evil this world is getting, although I should not be. The Bible warns of the evil of the last days and yet for someone who grew up in the 50’s and 60’s, things nowadays are really shocking.

When cities do not tell people in the gay pride parade to be more modest because of Children but instead tell parents to warn their children that they will be seeing nudity and sex acts in the parade, I am reminded just how far sin has taken people.

Every week there is a new news report of someone driving down streets and shooting into random houses, this week killing a sleeping 7-year-old and last week killing a 9 year, just sitting in the car riding down the street with her family. Killing for the fun of it and no concern for innocent children.

I cannot help but cry out to God for Him to come soon. Knowing that young children will be taken in the rapture brings me comfort. When Christians are gone from this world, only God knows the lengths that evil will grow in this world. Thankfully, I will not be here.

Pray for the families that are losing loved ones to senseless murders. Pray for God to save lost souls and pray for the rapture to be soon.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 18, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Stages of Grief

When you lose a loved one, you do not go through grief, and then it is over. You will live the rest of your life without that person. You indeed will have times when the pain has calmed down but out of the blue, the wound is opened and you bleed again.

When I went to bed last night I was overwhelmed with despair. All I could do was cry. I could not go to sleep for crying. I prayed but all I could get out was “help me, Jesus”. I woke up my husband and he comforted me and then we watched funny animal videos.

Now that I look back on last night. Jesus did help me, by using my husband. The funny videos were useful for helping see the joy in the animals and that there is still joy in life.

Being a Christian does mean we will not suffer loss and there will be times we will not be able to even express our pain in prayer, yet God meets us where we are and gives us comfort.

Please pray for Jeff’s wife-Sarah. That God will give her strength as she is raising there little girl. Please pray for my sister-in-law Debbie as she has recently lost her son. Pray for my husband, as this is the first Father’s day without our son.

We do not understand why God chooses to take our loved ones. We must walk in faith, but we are human and there are times we will grieve deeply and we will seek answers that will not come in this life. Yet the morning comes and God gives us the hope to carry on another day. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 19, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

Promise #170:

I will give you a garment of praise in exchange for your spirit of heaviness.

Isaiah 61:3 (WEB)

to appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes,

the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;

that they may be called trees of righteousness,

the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.

Today can bring mixed emotions. Many of us are Fathers are with God, so we miss being with them. Sadly some Fathers have children who have passed away. This brings grief on a day that used to be a day of celebration.

Yet we have our Heavenly Father who loves us and comforts us. I am blessed to know my Father is with God and my son, also, but there is a part of me that would like to see both of them today.

They are not coming back to me, but one day I will go to them. For today I can take comfort that they no longer suffer any pain and the devil cannot touch them. They are in perfect peace and knowing this gives me comfort.

Today I can celebrate the memories I had with them. I can take joy in the wonderful fun times we had and look forward with great anticipation to the days I will walk in Heaven with both of them.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 21, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Trust to the End

Daily Prayer for June 21
“Father! You have given them to me, and I want them to be with me where I am, so that they may see my glory, the glory you gave me; for you loved me before the world was made. John 17:24, TEV
Lord our God, we thank you that you have revealed your glory in your Son Jesus Christ. We thank you that today we can still see and feel the glorious grace which streams out from Jesus Christ in his victory over the world, the powerful help which benefits all those who find faith. Grant that a further glory may be revealed, faith dwelling in the hearts of all people, faith that can conquer all the need and suffering on earth, faith that is the power to look to you, to become inwardly quiet in you, and to hope in you at all times. Then your help will come quickly, more quickly than we can imagine. It will come on us unawares, for the Savior has said, “See, I shall come quickly.” We want to hope and believe and trust till the end. Amen”

We cannot win a race if we start and the give up in the middle. We must endear to the end. We cannot please God if we stop trusting in Him and lose heart.

Galatians 6:9

New King James Version

9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

We are living in evil times and the evil we see can weaken our faith if we do not keep our eyes on Jesus. If we do not stay connected to God we can begin to believe there is no hope. Friends are hope is not in this world or in its leaders. Our hope and faith should be in our Heavenly Father.

We cannot fix this world, but we can share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Reminding ourselves some will accept the Gospel, but many will refuse it.

Our job is not to save the loss but share the truth and pray that there is fertile ground.

As much as we long for the rapture, Jesus longs for it too. He wants all of His children with Him. Yet, He knows that there's work for us to do on this earth. God help us to be cheerful and willing workers until our time on this earth is finished.

Betty