• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

In your view, what was/is the core theme of the Old Testament?

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Promise of salvation by the future blood of Christ.
I agree
Are these quotes what Jesus taught?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Jesus chose to die for the salvation of mankind.
Strange reply.

You must then think that Jesus would go against his own teachings.

Do you see justice in a God who cannot die, saying he is dying for you?

How can you not see the lie in what you believe?

How can an immortal God die?

How is substitutional punishment just?

Regards
DL

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The human flesh God took on died and was buried. God, the spirit within the flesh cannot die and went to Paradise. Later returned to resurrected flesh.

Willy

Pro Poster
The Price Paid For Sin,

Harry Ironside

The four accounts of the crucifixion taken together give us the full meaning of the work of the Cross.

Jesus is presented as enduring the shame and physical anguish inflicted upon Him by man for three awful hours. In that period He gave no evidence of perturbation of spirit.

He was in perfect communion with the Father, and manifested a tender concern for others, but there was no word of self-pity or commiseration for His own sufferings.

In the last three hours He was enduring the terrible ordeal of bearing the judgment our sins deserved.

His cry of loneliness is the key to the deeper suffering of those hours when God, the righteous Judge, had to abandon Him to the inward spiritual suffering as the Surety for sinners.

It was then His soul - not merely His body - was made an offering for sin.

Observe, it was the Lord, God Himself, who dealt with Christ in judgment when He hung upon
the tree.

Isaiah 53:10-11

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

It was not what man did to Him that made reconciliation for iniquity, but what He
endured at the hand of God, leading to Immanuel’s orphaned cry, “My God, My God, why hast
Thou forsaken Me?”

The Gospel is based upon what He endured on that Cross, and this message goes out to all who have
ears to hear.

“God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself”

:bible:

Willy

Pro Poster
Here, ... listen to God ...

Isaiah 53:1-12

1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Willy

Pro Poster
His physical death was needed to bring in the New Testament, … physical death of the testator, … a legal formality … it did not pay the price for the sin of the world … that was paid in full before He drank the vinegar and committed His spirit to God the Father …

There were two aspects of our rebellion in Eden, … one was immediate and that was separation from God, … the other was physical death as the body aged and wore out.

Willy

Pro Poster
On the Cross, God, the second person of the Godhead, in the person of a perfect man, (you can't hang a spirit on a tree), ... God's only begotten Son, The Lord Jesus, went through both deaths, one, the payment for sin in the judicial separation during the forsaking, where He cried out, … and then the physical death, where after He said the payment had been “paid in full” and after He had consumed the vinegar, He committed His spirit to His Father, … the last was the death of the testator and was essential in allowing the cessation of the old will and the ushering in of the new will, … Old testament, New Testament …

'”This is the blood of the New Testament shed for many … for the forgiveness of Sin … this do in remembrance of me …

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member

You listen to everybody but God … sad indeed …

Willy

Pro Poster

You listen to everybody but God … sad indeed …

Trust the agents of apostacy at your peril, ... although they are in the majority ...

I will trust God and "His" Word

Willy

Pro Poster
Rember, you defended Easter in in the KJV also.

I take that as a compliment, … almost 70 years ago as a child I was in a church remembering the death, burial and resurrection of The Lord Jesus Christ, … the time was referred to as Easter. I did not ride a unicorn. I did not worship some strange sun God. I knew, I don't know how, that the Easter bunny really had nothing to do with what we were doing.

Is it wrong to remember His death, burial and Resurrection ..?? I do it most every day, I kinda live surrounded by it.

Now if someone were to say I had to participate in a mandatory Easter ritual or I would not be saved I would point to Colossians but to just do it as remembrance is fine with me.

Willy

Pro Poster
50 years ago I believe pretty much what you believe now, it was what the majority of Christians were taught.

At work one day a young Irishman whom I respected challenged me to get a Bible and pray to God about what a Christian was. I did that and God stripped me down until I knew that I was lost. He then took me to the Cross and I met Him, ... There.

I'm suggesting you, a theologian, and my friend, … do the same. Forsake the teachings of men and the majority, take a Bible and meet with God as a sinner. It is only from that perspective God will meet you There …