• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Are moral values an instinctive act or one taught

jdyson

restricted access
Are moral vales and instinctive act or one taught
This thread was created to explore human’s moral values taught through fiction and nonfiction examples. It is the intent to express moral values that is the core of our moral values today.
The architectural form of theatre in Rome , theatrical practice and performance took place in Rome has been linked back even further to the 4th century B.C.E.,

Romans favored entertainment and performance over tragedy and drama, displaying a more modern form of theatre that is still used in contemporary times.
Theatre of ancient Rome - Wikipedia
William Shakespeare was an English playwright, poet, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's greatest dramatist. He is often called England's national poet

COMEDIES
All's Well That Ends Well (1602), As You Like It (1599), Comedy of Errors (1589), Love's Labour's Lost (1594), Winter's Tale (1610)
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was a Spanish writer widely regarded as the greatest writer in the Spanish language and one of the world's pre-eminent novelists. He is best known for his novel Don Quixote, a work often cited as both the first modern novel and one of the pinnacles of world literature. Wikipedia

The point I am trying to make is that humans are the only animals that that can create live scenes where actors play the part of good and bad individuals for the audience to see and judge. It is a learning experience.
Now we have movies and TV shows that do the same thing. When your child is watching a TV show, your child is learning moral values. Morality is the oldest known value that has been expressed throughout the history of humanity.
The only reason I am bringing this up is because I was doubting mankind’s future. I was beginning to believe the dark side was winning and the human race was heading towards self-destruction. Now after reviewing the history of the human race I can say we are not doomed, morality is the dominant human consciousness that prevails over all other motives for our existence on this planet. I am now sure that the aliens that planted our seed on this planet are looking at us with favor.
I believe the world is unfolding as it should; how about you?.
(:-

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
So you reject the Bible. Human nature is evil. The tribulation period will not be the result of the world unfolding as it should.

jdyson

restricted access
So you reject the Bible. Human nature is evil. The tribulation period will not be the result of the world unfolding as it should.
I do not reject the Bible, old or new. Biblical scripture marks the first written words that expressed moral values.

Personally, I do not believe humans were born with a moral instinct. It is a learned behavior that just feels good.
Just my opinion

jdyson

restricted access
Along with Theater, in the modern era we have moral based comedies.
Friends is an American television sitcom

Seinfeld (/ˈsaɪnfɛld/; SYNE-feld) is an American sitcom television series created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld

And we have live action western that also express moral values that our children watch every day.
Gunsmoke is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman Macdonnell and writer John Meston.

I have asked this before, and no one cares to answer.
Do European countries have TV shows, movies that teach moral values like we do in the USA-?
Can anyone here find other moral values expressed in our daily lives?
(:-

jdyson

restricted access
You cite old shows, not the current. Europe does not. Nor does Canada.
They are not old news; they are available today.
What you are saying is Europeans do not show morally based TV shows for their children to watch.
Got it

Speak Light

restricted access
Does the Bible seem to indicate that Adam and Eve and even Cain were not mentally functioning upon animal instinct?

and that God had created humans with the ability to make moral judgments, Adam was given the task of naming all of the animals

Gen 2:19 The LORD ........ brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. :20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field;

Also, God had an expectation and requirements that he expected Adam and Eve to obey his command to not touch the tree in the middle of the Garden Gen 3:3 ..... Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And even Cain and Abel were able to make intellectual moral decisions to the point that they were expected to obey God and offer sacrifices and worship to God, I believe that this sacrifice was established by God for multiple reasons
to also make sure that they were clean and eating healthy and not eating the entrails and stomach gut and its contents and the fat, the liver, kidney and disposing of the dung and the digestive tract properly by burning it outside of their living quarters.

Then they ate the rest of the meat for food. God had ordained the sacrifice in order to show man how to eat healthily and to prepare their food in this manner in eating healthy and not eating the blood and unhealthy portions of the animal - and also burning and offering / burning small sample portions upon the altar - the portions that they were not to eat unto the Lord as, an offering of personal responsibility - acceptance and recognition that they were serving God and aware of the blood crime that had been commited by Adam and Eve, in repentance and remorse for their sins and willingness to follow Gods health regulations and other regulations that God had commanded, I believe was an important part of animal sacrifice.

Obeying Blood crime laws was one of the most important laws that God has always expected, from shedding innocent blood, even pertaining to blood crimes committed by sexual immorality and blood crime laws concerning what animal and animal parts were not to be eaten,

this sacrifice ceremony - signified a personal recognition of all of God's laws and a commitment to obeying and accepting responsibility for sin acts - and an act of seeking retribution and forgiveness.

Last edited: