• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

xhacker: Homosexuality

...and that concludes this discussion. You are nearly combative with every response. Re-read that last sentence. I take ownership of how do it. That was was not an expectation for you. As for my comment on the unreadable post... never mind. I had thought maybe you had moved beyond the know-it-all I-am-the-supreme-biblical-scholar thing when you emailed me asking me to come and participate in your "revitalized" forums. Talk about a den of vipers.

I emailed all members, not just you.

While I note your " know-it-all I-am-the-supreme-biblical-scholar" comment I also note you gave no proof I was wrong. And on the other thread you talked about legalism, not what the Bible says about homosexuality.

Let other reading the thread judge for themselves on the content. All I know is I gave verses, etc, spelling out God's position on homosexuality in reply to you saying there was no clarity. You always replied I had not given any verses and/or tried to divert to another issue.

If you change your mind, we are still here. I am interested to see what supporting verses you claim for your position in light of the clear statements of the Bible.

Jay, one more shot at this. I am a stubborn one and will take the extra effort to have a constructive conversation.

As I warned and feared, we let the topic get too broad and it became unclear, at least in certain aspects. This isn't about your or my feelings, it is about what the Bible says, which most assuredly takes into account our frail human egos, thinking etc. We are not Pharisees.

As for regarding your comment on my lack of historical knowledge of ancient societies, cultures, etc. sorry, not true. Understanding the Bible demands historical knowledge. I am a student of history.

Please tell me what these verse say. They deal with homosexuality and sex sin in general. I say this realizing no verse is in isolation, but the essential meaning of the verse remain God's word and cannot be dismissed.

Please do not expand into other areas. I fully understand what the Bible says correction, witnessing, etc. I clearly understand in the NT there are former homosexuals in congregations. The goal here is to establish some foundations from which we can proceed.
Leviticus 18:22 New International Version (NIV)

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Leviticus 20:13New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
1 Corinthians 5 New International Version (NIV)
5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who a9re immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[d]
For clarity on the meaning of "associate."
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 4874
Original Word Word Origin
sunanamignumi from (4862) and a compound of (303) and (3396)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Sunanamignumi 7:852,1113
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
soon-an-am-ig'-noo-mee Verb
Definition
to mix up together
to keep company with, be intimate with one

Back