1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

xhacker: Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by xhacker, Apr 7, 2014.

1. JAY

JAY New Member

...and that concludes this discussion. You are nearly combative with every response. Re-read that last sentence. I take ownership of how do it. That was was not an expectation for you. As for my comment on the unreadable post... never mind. I had thought maybe you had moved beyond the know-it-all I-am-the-supreme-biblical-scholar thing when you emailed me asking me to come and participate in your "revitalized" forums. Talk about a den of vipers.

2. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

I emailed all members, not just you.

While I note your " know-it-all I-am-the-supreme-biblical-scholar" comment I also note you gave no proof I was wrong. And on the other thread you talked about legalism, not what the Bible says about homosexuality.

Let other reading the thread judge for themselves on the content. All I know is I gave verses, etc, spelling out God's position on homosexuality in reply to you saying there was no clarity. You always replied I had not given any verses and/or tried to divert to another issue.

If you change your mind, we are still here. I am interested to see what supporting verses you claim for your position in light of the clear statements of the Bible.

3. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Jay, one more shot at this. I am a stubborn one and will take the extra effort to have a constructive conversation.

As I warned and feared, we let the topic get too broad and it became unclear, at least in certain aspects. This isn't about your or my feelings, it is about what the Bible says, which most assuredly takes into account our frail human egos, thinking etc. We are not Pharisees.

As for regarding your comment on my lack of historical knowledge of ancient societies, cultures, etc. sorry, not true. Understanding the Bible demands historical knowledge. I am a student of history.

Please tell me what these verse say. They deal with homosexuality and sex sin in general. I say this realizing no verse is in isolation, but the essential meaning of the verse remain God's word and cannot be dismissed.

Please do not expand into other areas. I fully understand what the Bible says correction, witnessing, etc. I clearly understand in the NT there are former homosexuals in congregations. The goal here is to establish some foundations from which we can proceed.
    For clarity on the meaning of "associate."