1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

What does the bible say about death penilty

Discussion in 'Start Here! Really!' started by John logan, Jun 8, 2016.

1. roman8

roman8 Advanced Poster

I believe you are right and was wrong in my thinking. But I will not take pleasure in the death of someone else regardless of what they do. If they do not know the Lord they are going to Hell, and I know the Lord takes no pleasure in it either.

2. John logan

John logan Getting Started

I don't believe we should execute for afultrry or homosexuality but murder which makes us all unsafe. God did say vengeance is mine the only reason to execute for afultrry or homosexuality would be vengeance

3. John logan

execution is protecting sociaty ,which would be in constant danger if the sentence weren't used.

4. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Where does the Bible say the death penalty was for vengeance for adultery and homosexuality? No where..

Both are in fact a danger to society. Those are two of the historical signs of a society in collapse.

5. John logan

I'm saying if we were to execute now for those reasons it would be for our vengeance and that would be wrong. I don't agree that those things are a danger to sociaty,the attitude satans cultivating is dangerous as its deteriorating sociaty. we have had this immoral sin for a long time. I think Jesus said he gives them up not execute them.

6. CoreIssue

Vengeance based on what? Sure not the Bible.

As for dangers, then you need to study history.

Of course sin has always been here. But when a society stops condemning it and begins embracing it, no society has ever survived it unless they repented.

Jesus never said that.

There is a Biblical distinction between sin as a failure and as a lifestyle. The lifestyle is what is deadly. The failure can be repented for doing and not repeated.

Jesus told the sinful woman to stop and sin no more. He condemned the ones going to stone a woman for adultery not for going to stone her, but for the man not being there as well, as required by the law.

Unrepentant sex sin by one in the a church calls for the person to be cast out so their bodies can perish but maybe their spirits saved.

The churches of revelation declare there is no tolerance from God for sex sin. Change or perish.

And as said before, the death penalty for extreme sex sin has not been fulfilled or removed from the NT.

If you have verses to the contrary, please post them. I already posted the passage saying ALL the law remains in force until fulfilled, which the ceremonial law has, in example.

Needs added here we are talking about governmental issues. Jesus was here as Messiah, not government. As human, not God.

Even when wrong, you will not find any apostle or Jesus ordering any governmental official around. They were subject to the government even via their own statements.

7. John logan

Your saying there is repentance for murder afultrry homosexuality. Then your saying Isis is legitimate?

8. CoreIssue

Absolutely not! Isis is NOT legit. But people in it can repent and actually have.

9. jwillie4

jwillie4 New Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  10. jwillie4

jwillie4 New Member

I agree mostly with this.

11. CoreIssue

I see where you are coming from, so I won't go into exacting details.

But, I will note the death penalty only requires one murder. As well, I would like to see the verse on ripping wombs open and prison you are referring to. The ones I remember were all about war and God's commands to exterminate those peoples from old to unborn. As well causing an accidental death requiring money compensation, as did other accidental deaths.

12. jwillie4

jwillie4 New Member

Christ died to do away with the punishment of sin Romans 3: 21-31. In order to get the forgiveness, one has to repent through Christ.. ISIS doesn't serve Christ.

13. jwillie4

jwillie4 New Member

I will find the scripture and rewrite my response in a bit. After reading the original I did not want to be rude. I want put it nicer

14. CoreIssue

Sometimes I comment for the benefit of other readers. There are many who only visit CTZ and read, never post.

15. jwillie4

jwillie4 New Member

Did you still want the scriptures? I pretty much know where they are. Once I get a few extra minutes I will get them in here.

16. CoreIssue

Yes, please.

17. jwillie4

jwillie4 New Member

Sure thing. I should be able to get them for you. I will be back on in a little while, I will have them ready at that time

18. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

The bible says we all deserve the death penalty.that is what it says about that subject.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  19. CoreIssue

You are combining the issues of the death penalty while in living on the eart and eternal death for sin. They are not one and the same issues.