• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

the rapture

Jessie

Pro Poster
Is it possible to get a breakdown on why we are pretrib not mid trib.

getting questions on how pretrib started in the mid ages and such as well.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Actually Pre-Trib began with the Apostles.

The AC cannot be revealed until the Restrainer (Holy Spirt) is removed. The Holy Spirit is within all in the Church, so to remove him requires removing the Church.

In Mid-Trib they still have the Church on the earth until Mid.

As well, the AC Covenant with many is for 7 years, not 3.5 years.

Jessie

Pro Poster
thanks!
I know the covenant for 7 yrs and not the 3.5 yrs will come up.
most opinions I have heard is that Gods wrath does not fall till mid trib. so 3.5 yrs.

need some help with that one as well.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The wrath argument is an old one. They try to say what happens in the first half of the Trib is not wrath. That is false.
Seven Angels With Seven Plagues
15 I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed.

The biggest problem with that is that argument is the Trib is not about wrath, but testing the world.
Revelation 3:10New International Version (NIV)
10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
The Church is not here for the testing. "Keep you from" is "tereo ek," which means protect from by removal fro the place in question. The place in question is the whole earth.

None of the seven years can happen until the Holy Spirit is removed. The AC cannot be revealed. But, he most assuredly is the author of the 7 year covenant and has been revealed to start the Trib.
2 Thessalonians 2New International Version (NIV)
The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessnessa]">[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing.
Daniel 9:27New International Version (NIV)
27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’a]">[a] In the middle of the ‘seven’b]">[b] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the templec]">[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.