• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

the rapture!

Jessie

Pro Poster
we happened to see the left behind movie with nicholas cage, and some questions came out of this....

when the rapture happens, will our bodys be here and just our spirits leave so we will be as dead to others?

our will it be that others left will know....

I know of no scripures that give a impression either way

Jessie

Pro Poster
and the movie btw was bad. but they always are never going to be scriptural.
it did show how people think... though which was interesting. some of it I have heard before out of peoples mouths.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
we happened to see the left behind movie with nicholas cage, and some questions came out of this....
We have not seen it and really have no interest. From what I saw in clips, I think I would be annoyed.
when the rapture happens, will our bodys be here and just our spirits leave so we will be as dead to others?
The bodies of the dead will be reintegrated, meaning like they were when the died. Their spirits will descend and return to their bodies.

Then they, along with all the saints living on the earth at that time, will ascend to Christ in the clouds. All god bodily. No flesh is left behind.
our will it be that others left will know...
The unsaved still on the earth will be well aware that saved Christians will be gone. Some will see them simply vanish before eyes. There will be car crashes with no drivers found in the wrecks. Some planes will fall out of the sky.

So it will be a world wide shock.
Matthew 24
40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Jessie

Pro Poster
I was annoyed. did not go and get it someone else did.

thank you for breaking it down..

I did not realize that the dead would come back and then go with us.

Blake Henry

We have not seen it and really have no interest. From what I saw in clips, I think I would be annoyed.
The bodies of the dead will be reintegrated, meaning like they were when the died. Their spirits will descend and return to their bodies.

Then they, along with all the saints living on the earth at that time, will ascend to Christ in the clouds. All god bodily. No flesh is left behind.
our will it be that others left will know...
The unsaved still on the earth will be well aware that saved Christians will be gone. Some will see them simply vanish before eyes. There will be car crashes with no drivers found in the wrecks. Some planes will fall out of the sky.

So it will be a world wide shock.
Matthew 24
40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

As the rapture could happen at anytime we must warn our friends (who have not yet accepted Christ) to ask the pilot and co-pilot before boarding a flight headed for 30,000' above the ground, "Are you Christians?". If they get a "No" or are simply ignored they must be warned that if the rapture happened during their flight the Christians on board will be going up and they along with the pilot and co-pilot will be going down. They could however pack a parachute and hope for the best.

Blake Henry

our will it be that others left will know....

Could this be the start of something?

What IS this strange sound from the sky? Noise heard across the globe for nearly a DECADE - but nobody has an explanation.

At its strongest, eerie noises sounds like a trumpet

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...e-nearly-DECADE-explanation.html#ixzz3aOuN2GE

"According to the Lord¿s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord "

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Trumpets were immediate calls to action. Not long drawn out affairs.

When over a time period, there were multiple trumpets sounded, not just one.

The Last Trump is a singular trumpet attacked to an immediate action.

Last edited:

ekatch

From what I have read, There will be Tribulation saints. Others will continue to be blinded with their non belief. There will be a certain amount of years that the devil will reign. Then him and the rest of the non believers will be destroyed forever and the saints will enjoy heaven forever worshipping our Lord

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
A rought outline in time order is:
  1. The Falling Away/Birth Pains is where we are now
  2. The Rapture/First Seal(start of the 7 Year Tribulation Period)/Revealing of the AC/Appearance of the Two Witnesses/Israel returns as the Covenant Nation under the New Covenant to the Houses of Israel and Judah is the next big event. All occur at the same time
  3. First 3.5 years of the Trib
  4. AC enters the Temple and declares himself god and begins his 3.5 year reign/Satan cast down and inhabits the AoD statue of the AC, making it seem to come to life. Joined by the False Prophet to form the Anti-Trinity and the Two Witnesses are killed, but are resurrected and taken to Heaven 3.5 days later
  5. Giving of the Mark of the Beast begins. Either take it or die
  6. Last 3.5 years of the Trib are called the Great Tribulaton
  7. Second Coming of Christ
During the Trib many wake up to Christ being God and Savior. But the Church is gone, so they are Trib Saints. They are slaughtered in mass.

Israel is protected for the first 3.5 years, but upon failing to accept Christ, 2/3 die in the Great Trib. The Woman (believing Israel) is taken to Petra and protected until the Second Coming.

Then is the thousand year Millennial Kingdom where Christ physically reigns from Jerusalem.

Then the destruction of this earth and the forming of the New Heaven and Earth as the eternal dwelling place of God and his saints.

The damned are cast into the Lake of Fire for eternity at the White Throne Judgment.

A very detailed and abbreviated outline of the future.

Jessie

Pro Poster
will those who are left here in the rapture get another chance or is it over for them and only those who accept the gospel during the trib be
saved?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
As long as they don't take the Mark of the Beast, everyone has a chance to be saved. Nor does the Bible say those who don't take the Mark will die at the Second Coming.

Last edited:

Jessie

Pro Poster
Nor dos the Bible say those who don't take the Mark will die at the Second Coming.

not sure what you meant...

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Only the living people who took the Mark are killed at the Second Coming. All the rest go into the MK, saved or not.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm still wondering how in our day and age with everything online and connected, and the rise of social media how the Rapture is going to be explained away.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
There are already explanations out there from New Age groups.

Some teach the Ascended Masters will remove us to another dimension because we are standing in the way of evolution to godhood.

Then, of course, aliens:
Uri Geller, said

“(extra-terrestrials) would not interfere until, in a single night, at the peak of the conflict, they would remove millions of humans who resist this initiation into a higher spiritual consciousness and ‘re-educate’ them before returning them to Earth a few years later.”

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I suppose with the aftermath of what happens people will be grasping at any explanation.
To me that just sounds like nonsense especially if I was an atheist.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Agree.

But also remember all the different religions out there that are based on spiritism, occult, paganism, etc.They will swallow just about any supernatural explanation that isn't Christian.

Also, remember how large the RCC is and it is based on mysticism as well.

Hard to digest at first but once thought through, very plausible.

PoliticalDebris

I am not exactly sure what I am replying to. This is my second post. My question:
Does the Bible say no man knows the day nor the hour?
But doesn't it also say 1290 days and give other specifics?
I guess another question is - no man knows the day or hour for what?
Or maybe I should ask if there is a time when man will start to know when....?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry about it. You will be a pro soon.

Regarding not knowing the time, that is covered here.

As for the 1,290 days, the Abomination of Desolation is set up in the .Inner Temple at Jerusalem Mid Trib. 1,260 days later is the Second Coming. At the 1.290 days Mark it is torn out of the Temple as part of the cleaning and purification process. At the 1,335 day Mark the Temple is rededicated to God.

After the Second Coming there is a time period where those remaining with the Mark of the Beast are hunted down and killed and the Jews are gathered back to Israel and assigned to their proper Tribes to and start their given work.

Anyone surviving until Day 1,335 will continue on into the Millennial Kingdom.

No one but the Father knows when he will send Christ for the Rapture. Everyone will know the time of the Second Coming by adding 2,520 days to the time of the Rapture.