• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The Lord Told Me

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
How often have you heard that as a defense claim for what someone believes? Why should you believe them?

In most cases, you should not. The proof is in the fact it is a chief claim of a lot of cults, but no two claims agree. In fact they contradict each other.

As well, the contradict the Bible, which automatically is a rejection.

What say you?

roman8

Advanced Poster
I do believe the Lord does speak to individuals, but it is for them alone .
It is never some new doctrine that contratidcts scripture.
When he speaks it is usually through his word, if its a pressing or feeling to do something and goes against scripture then it was not from the Lord.
Need to be like the Bereans and recieve it but search the scriptures to see if it is so. I believe that goes for blindly following a pastor, just because he says it doesnt mean its from the Lord. Makes it hard to trust people , but the Lord does not say we have to trust in man , only in him. My 2 cents.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I would say that the Bible is what the Lord would tell you.
If God decided to speak directly to you then what was spoken would agree fully with what the Bible says.

JAY

How often have you heard that as a defense claim for what someone believes?
I have heard it several times over the course of my life. Typically in direct relation with someone who has an agenda.
Why should you believe them?
1John 4:1 (GW)
Dear friends, don’t believe all people who say that they have the Spirit. Instead, test them. See whether the spirit they have is from God, because there are many false prophets in the world.

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
God has moved me to certain ideas that I did not want to do but that He wanted of me. The most important things He would have to say to me I find in His word. I have heard His will for sometimes in a message given by a preacher.