• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Temple. Spirit. Christ.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused on a couple of things...

The temple was made as a place that God could manifest his presence among men.

Is the presence of God and the Spirit of God/Holy Spirit the same?

Did the HS indwell Christ when he was on earth? If so what was in the Temple?

You don't ask easy ones!

While not a perfect answer, the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead, so where he is God is, even if the Father and Christ are not actually there. The Holy Spirit is God, the Son is God, the Father is God and they together are God.

The Father and Son act through the Holy Spirit on the earth.

Sorry, I don't know how to phrase that better.

No, the Holy Spirit did not indwell Christ. No need since the spirit of Christ is the Second Person of the Trinity.

Yes, Christ set aside his Godly powers, etc, but he was still God.

The physical Temple of stone was the shadow of the temple in Heaven. The Father sits on the Heavenly throne (First Person of the Trinity, not Father in OT, since that role didn't exist yet then).

So, the First Person manifested on the throne in the Inner Temple at certain times. The Holy Spirit was at work in the world and the Second Person's role was that of the Angel of God before incarnating as Christ.

No one was indwelt before the resurrection. The Holy Spirit did fall on some and then leave, but never indwelt and stayed.Never gave the new birth.

Now, Christ being the High Priest of the Heavenly Temple, there is no need a physical Temple of Stone. We can come directly before God.

As well, the Holy Spirit working up people externally has changed to working on us internally by indwelling. Coming before God no longer requires the stone temple and human high priest. We come directly before God through the Holy Spirit in us.

The high priest is no longer a shadow who must work through the stone Temple. Now he is directly connected to us via the Holy Spirit and stands directly before the Father on his throne.

That all sounds convoluted and confusing. I hope I didn't make things worse via that attempt at an explanation.

Not convoluted, thick with meaning but not confusing.
Ok yes that does clarify. I was missing the roles of the Father and the Son. They did not come into play until the Son was physically birthed.

The confusing part is me not knowing enough history of how God works through the 3 persons and how they operated at certain times in specific roles.

It is hard to keep everything straight.

Get one area nailed down and forget something on another. :blink:

Back