• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Templates, over and over again will we learn?

Blowing Wind

thought this was interesting in my general reading today, It is just to be aware of sin's deceitfulness so you don't end up like the foolish virgins when Christ comes, when it will be too late.

HEBREWS 3:12-14 (hscb)
12 Watch out, brothers, so that there won’t be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart that departs from the living God. 13 But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin’s deception. 14 For we have become companions of the Messiah if we hold firmly until the end the reality that we had at the start. 15 As it is said:

Today, if you hear His voice,
do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion
(read in context the whole chapter in Hebrews 3)

I think we know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever, but we can forget that as our circumstances in life can be causing us to change course and sending us in a direction that we shouldn't be going. I guess my question is have you deverted your time with God, included his word and prayer in the mist of all this turmoil that is going on in the world? I think seemly what can be viewed on our part as necessary time spent on other things so we can be in the know may be the distraction that keeps us from being ready when He comes, like the foolish virgins. They all were planning on meeting the Bridegroom, but some of them must have been preoccupied with something else that they were not prepared. I think that is one of the ideas of this deceitfulness of sin? What do think?

I made this video last summer with a few thoughts on that.

Last edited:

Blowing Wind

Many who say they are Christian are not.
`Yeah, I know and christian folks are getting so good at lying. It is why I use believers maybe not the best word either, but if you believe than you should desire to live Christ like. Myself, I depend on God to help me everyday. My trouble is eating to much of bad things. Not like a big deal to some,but I know sinful to me and unhealthy. Years ago I didn't have a problem, but now it catching up to me and a struggle, talk about the deceitfulness of sin that form habits I been working on.
P.S. I don't know if this is your site, but thank you or whoever creates a platform like this to share on.