• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Suicide

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
In the wake of recent events I was wondering if thoughts of suicide are linked to issues of the spirit or of the flesh or a combination of both.

Is it a failure of the flesh causing depression or mental illness?
Is it an attack on the spirit of those who are weak?
Is it demonic possession?

Willy

Pro Poster
Been staring at this for a while now and it is a complicated topic. I believe it is a combination of a lot of factors but agree with you that it can be both a failure of the flesh mixed with spiritual attack.

We are all sheep and are usually blind to that fact but the spiritual influences on us are real and strong, whether for good or evil.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
It is difficult and complicated.

For most, I believe it is issues of the flesh for non born-again. They are blind to spiritual influences and their own sinful and selfish nature.

Many believe there is nothing after death. So escape it all by ceasing to be.

For weak born-again, problems of the flesh can be a push over the edge. They simply don't know what to do because of self, bad doctrine etc.

The hatred demonstrated in the Trib toward God and believers says a lot about human nature.