• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Spoken Word

Adam came the perfect way as a spoken word. Jesus also came the perfect way. He would not come by the fallen means. Mary was ONLY the bedding ground for the spoken Word.
Comments.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Adam was not nor ever was the perfect way. He was not a spoken word, but was created by the spoken command of God.

Jesus is the flesh the Second Person of the Trinity took on, meaning one person of the eternal Godhead. He did not come in the same way Adam did.

Adam was made from the dirt of the ground and God breathed life into him. He was a original creation, never having existed before.

Jesus came from Mary, a human, and the Holy Spirit, at the command of the Father, creating the male side of the genetics.

You absolutely cannot equate the origination of the two.

Bedding ground implicitly speaks of either sex or planting a seed. Neither are correct since Jesus was not created via sex. Nor was he a seed implanted in her, since a seed is genetically complete before it enters the ground.

Mary contributed half of Christ's genetics. She was his true mother, a human mother.

Not sure exactly where you are coming from, so you will have to explain more. But it seems as if you are talking Word Of Faith, where power resides in words, not the Godhead.

Please clarify.

From our perspective words are just thoughts expressed but God is the creator when He says something then it is reality.
As for carring the thought further it gets into the nature of the original sin, which is generally not accepted.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here. Please clarify.

Yes, when God says something it is reality. But, that does not really deal with my prior point.

You said Adam and Christ were spoken words, placing the power in the words, not God, who is Triune personage, not offices.

You also said Mary was just a field where the spoken word was planted..

Words convey meaning. What you are saying here, and prior, sounds very much like Word of Faith Modalism, which you have not denied you believe.

Need some clarity here, please. Do you believe in Modalism and do you words have power, which God exercised.

There is a very big difference between God acting and speaking commands that were not required.and having to speak words of power to make something happen. God is the power.

As I said, we need to establish clarity to have a real conversation. I am being as clear as I can possible be in that effort.

Hello Core
There is a certain security in ambiguity.:smile:
It seems we are at a impasse on certain points so I would like to concede, closing this discussion.
Thank you and God bless.