• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Social Media

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I do not understand or want anything to do with Twitter. No purpose of value I can see.

Linkedin does have value for professional. But it sure isn't social.

Facebook drives me nuts. I have an account and do post. But ONLY in areas with some meaning, like local politics, religion and sharing USEFUL information.

As for the rest, why?

I don't get get why people want to constantly post a lot of the stuff they do.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Pure narcissism and pride.

I feel the same about twitter.

Linkedin and Facebook are really just big storehouses for them to sell you something or sell your data to someone. The social aspect is just a front to get you signed up.
I'm on FB as well...because well everyone is on FB and its just convenient to reach people thru it.

The rest of them (instagram, vine, snapchat etc) were places where "people" (teens wanting to hide from their parents on FB) went to get away from Facebook but now even these sites are all fed with ads and such. They are all the same. They become gathering places for people wanting to be elusive until they get so large or popular that the elusiveness is gone and they move on to the next thing.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Facebook is so poorly designed and is such a pain to manage anything. Something as simple as scroll back to top button they cant even or wont implement. You cant mark where you are in the feed so you can return to it. You cant customize anything about it.

Jessie

Pro Poster
not on fb, its filthy. dont need to know everyones everystep all day long and huge distraction from what needs done.
set one up only for dil's baby shower then down it went.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Social media shows the hearts of all mankind.

When the killing of a lion continues to be headlines and the destruction of some silly robot are more important than stopping the killing of innocent children and selling their body parts in the name of "science" then there is no hope.

And the rationalization is sickening.
The push back is:
Would you rather them be born into poverty or have a difficult life?
Would you adopt them?
Would you support them?

The responsibility is always pushed back onto someone else or society.

This is one of the reasons God made commandments about immoral sexual activity and the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman.

Following Gods commands protects EVERYONE. The baby, the parents, and the community and society they live in. Instead of following God's commands we would rather crush an unborn infant to death and harvest its usable body parts in the name of "science" to legitimize it. Which destroys the baby, the emotions and spirit of the parents, it cost taxpayers, and destroys a society.

You say that having a child raised by unfit parents in a not so perfect or unhealthy situation costs the taxpayers more? Really? How do you know what that child will grow up to be and do and the impact it will have? Not only have you robbed the child of a life but any children that child may have had that also could make an impact on bettering society in the long run.