• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Runs Deep

We may be a good ball player, Engineer or Politician but there is no such thing as a good Christian.
If there is a 'I' in our Christian walk we are moving in the wrong direction.
Comments...

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
That is a broad statement.

God knows he is not going to get perfection from us. That is why, in the Bible, you never see anyone but Christ called by those descriptive.

But, OT and NT believers are called such as saints, born-again, blessed, righteous, etc. God recognizes us in the conditions were are in.

The Bible says there will be rewarded saints in eternity. That means they earned, are not simple given, recognition for what they did for God.

One must understand the difference between born-again, sanctification, glorification and other realities for believers.

There are always "T's" in the lives of believers. That being places where one must make choices, either right or wrong.

So, I have to disagree that having T's means we make wrong choices. That simply doe not agree with what the Bible says.

It says very clearly God guides us, but we can make mistakes. God does not force us onto a path.

Yes, in Romans it says those born-again are predestined to glorification. It does not mean perfection on this earth, just however our paths are walked, we will end up glorified.

It says some will get there a man burned and barely escaping a fire.

God did not promise us an easy life with no problems, temptations, etc. No promises of every choice being correct, since we do have freewill.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
That's is funny you mention freewill. I just came across the idea that people have that God would never interfere with our freewill.

The issue is made that if you believe that God will not interfere with our freewill then he is beholden to us in some fashion.
Plus there would be no point in praying for someone's salvation since in essence you are asking God to intervene in someone else's freewill.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I agree.

The Bible is quite clear he will discipline, guide, encourage us and manipulate events. But he will not dictate every move.

Amen to that.
What I was trying to say is that it is in our human nature to try and put our hands on the wheel to garnish our ego and/or manufacture our own covering as did Adam after the fall.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with that clarification.

But, I do have to note, for the sake of other readers, God made the skins as clothing for Adam and Even, not Adam.

When they ate the fruit they became aware of the difference between right and wrong due to the Law of Conscience they now possessed. God put as part of that law modesty, due to sexual issues, etc.

The Law, while now active in their lives, was placed there to inherently be passed down to everyone who would follow, just as sin nature.

Those items are passed down via the male side, not the female. In example, Christ had a female part in his genetics while the Father supplied the male side. This his mother was Mary and the the First Person of the Trinity became the Father.

Joseph was the adoptive Father, which by Jewish Law had the same physical legal standing as the real father.

Willy

Pro Poster
I agree with that clarification.

But, I do have to note, for the sake of other readers, God made the skins as clothing for Adam and Even, not Adam.

I believe 2404 was referring to ...
Genesis 3:7

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Good point.
I was referring to Genesis 3:21
The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
The reason for the difference is it takes death and blood to cover sin. We cannot cover our own sin.

Good subject for other readers.