• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Romans 12:4-8

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 12:4-8
KJV(i) 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
JuliaSmith(i) 4 For as in one body we have many members, and all members have not the same action: 5 So we, the many, are one body in Christ, and the members for one another. 6 And having gifts different according to the grace given us, whether prophecy, according to the due proportion of faith; 7 Whether service, in service: whether he teaching, in instruction; 8 Whether he beseeching, in supplication: he imparting, in simplicity; he placed before, in earnestness; he compassionating, in cheerfulness.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 The body has each part for a purpose the church works this same way. The hands are not meant for seeing the eyes are not for walking the feet are not meant for talking they have there own purpose. It much easier to walk on your feet than your hands because your hands are not designed to walk, your feet are.

5 We are to the one body working in Christ for the same purpose, His purpose. The body can not move if the feet are walking in to different direction this causes you to fall. All those who believe in Him as Lord are apart of this body called the church. This church is not the church down the street Christ founded not a building but a faith and those of this faith are this church and body.

6 Not everyone is called to do the same thing and not one person is called to do everything, there is enough to focus on one or two gifts no one would be able to focus if they had all the gifts but there is a teaching that there are some who have all the gifts the term is Spirit filled these people are people such Paul who seemed like he was gifted in all areas. We are given our gifts by grace because we did nothing to earn them; we are blessed to have these gifts so we can serve Him. Prophecy is to proclaim God’s word boldly and it is what the people need to hear not just a message or teaching, prophecy is not always predicting the future, Moses was a prophet and did very little of this but did plenty of spreading the words God gave him, some people believe this gift is gone. We should know our limits and we can only as far as God takes us but we need to trust Him all the way often times a lack of faith stops us from doing more.

7 There are those called to be leaders and not just guide people but run thing and developed things into much bigger things by Him. Teaching is different than prophecy teaching is always to developed people for service to Him, teaching does not bring judgment as prophecy may but just teaches the truth.

8 Exhortation is being able to encourage this is often a very under rated gift but is very important. These people often make people happy to continue to serve Him. Encouragement is something I often need and makes me using my gifts much easier. There are those who can recite scripture quick this can be a gift, this is very useful for dealing with the lost because they will have lots of questions. Leaders should first look to God and have Him as there leader. There are those who show mercy, this is not to give people an excuse to serve Him even more by allowing them to get past there sins. There are those who bring joy to everyone around them.

Back