• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 9:30-33

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 9:30-33
KJV(i)30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
JuliaSmith(i)30 What then shall we say? That the nations, not following justice, overtook justice, and the justice of faith. 31 And Israel following the law of justice, reached not the law of justice. 32 Wherefore? Because not of faith, but as of the works of the law. For they stumbled at the stumblingstone; 33 As has been written, Behold I set in Zion a stone of stumbling and rock of offence: and every one believing on him shall not be ashamed.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
30 We today can come to faith as the Jews once did both Jew by birth or Gentile by birth can come to the Lord. God does not favor a certain group of people even in times before Christ certain Gentiles had the faith such as Ruth and Uriah, who not being born Jewish showed actions of faith by their lives.
31 The Jews did not keep the law. We are all found guilty by the law. The law is to show us we are unable to be righteous without Him. Those who of old who had faith were made righteous by their faith which was shown by them keeping the law even when they were found sinners by the law.
32 It does not take faith to follow the law. People of the world often try to keep a law today but this does not save them. The law of God can not be kept and without Jesus we will be judged by the law. For the Pharisees pride came from keeping the law instead of faith but those who saw their faults by the law saw their need for Jesus and was humbled because of this.
33 Keeping the law became a stumbling block for people and often kept some from coming to the Lord. The Jews, who Paul talked with, did not come to Christ because of the Law. The Pharisees hated the disciples and Jesus because of the law. Many are blinded by the law. The truth is Jesus is the fulfillment to the law. When we receive the faith He will never lose it.