• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 9:26-29

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 9:26-29
KJV(i)26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. 29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

JuliaSmith(i)26 And it shall be, in the place where it was said to them, Ye not my people; there shall they be called the sons of the living God. 27 And Esaias cries for Israel, If the number of the sons of Israel as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved: 28 For finishing and cutting short the word in justice: for the Lord will make the word cut short upon the earth. 29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us seed, as Sodom had we been, and as Gomorrha had we been likened.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

26 We often remember instances where God spoke to us whether thru a person thru scripture or thru the still small voice and His words make a difference in life. Their were the Jews who claimed God but denied Jesus as Lord, they will have salvation because they deny the Savior but we as believers accept Jesus and share His blood which covers our sins and thru His blood we become family with Christ and we have the Father thru the Son. All came have a relationship with the Father but it come by faith in Jesus and no other way.

27 The Jewish people have been many at one time and far more than we know in all the time since Abraham but, there are alone a few that walked in faith, many chose the Jewish religion not faith in the Lord. Following the Jewish faith does not just like following the Christian faith does not save but following the Lord by faith does give salvation because Jesus died on the cross for us. Many Jews have rejected Jesus even though He was revealed to them. The non-Jewish did not have years of teaching about the Christ as the Jews did yet more Gentiles may have accepted Jesus as Lord than any Jews had.

28 The Lord may have allowed the Jews to fall into a state where they lack faith and religion. Today most people who are Jewish born don’t have faith due to the troubles their ancestors faced with Hitler and others. Most that accept the Jewish faith may not even be descendents of Israel but may be from converts. All chances to turn to Jesus will one day be over. We all have limited chances. His righteous means His is just and justice does not let a debt go free but allows the debt to be paid. He paid our debt on the cross we do not have to pay it; we just need to turn to Him for our payment for our sins.

29 Jesus came to save the world. He came by the Jews for all. Jesus is the seed and without Him all is doomed to hell but with Him we are given thru grace heaven.