• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 9:21-25

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 9:21-25
KJV(i)21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
JuliaSmith(i)21 Or has not the potter power over the clay, of the same mixture truly to make one vessel for honour, and one for dishonour 22 And if God, willing anger to be shown, and his power to be made known, endured in much long suffering the vessels of anger put in proper order for destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory upon the vessels of mercy, which he before prepared for glory 24 Whom he also called us, not only from the Jews, but also of the nations? 25 As also he says in Hosea, I will call not my people my people; and the not loved, loved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
21 We are the clay Jesus as the Potter; He molds us and builds us for His will and service. He builds us up from a lump or a sinful person seeking our own pleasure into a vessel your to bring Him glory thru worship and obedience.
22 God has shown many His power and wrath and some have humbled their selves and accept Him as the Lord He is, others see His power and reject Him and then face His wrath. Some vessels are made by God but will not accept Him their maker is their own Lord.
23 There are those He makes that will come to accept Him as Lord. We are going to glory one day. He made us for service of Him and we follow after Him. We are meant to serve Him and we choose to do this. He is Lord and we accept Him as Lord. We are living a life full of the riches that come from following Him such things as love and mercy and grace which are given by receiving the Lord.
24 There are both Jews and Gentiles that accept Jesus as Lord. Jesus is not just for Jews but for all who would accept Him as Lord. Anyone who cries out to the Lord will be saved whether they are Jew or they are Gentile.
25 Those that receive the Lord’s love are His, those that accept His love which was shown on the cross when He died for us.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
You hear so many so-called Christians claiming they are responsible for their salvation, shape their own lives, etc. on their own. God is pretty much a support mechanism to them, not their King, God or Savior.

It just is not true.