• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:5-6

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:5-6King James Version (KJV)
5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.
6 Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us.
Romans 16:5-6Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
5 And give my greetings to the congregation that meets in their house.
Give my greetings to my dear friend Epaenetus, who was the first person in the province of Asia to put his trust in the Messiah.
6 Give my greetings to Miryam, who has worked very hard for you.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 Churches at this time were in peoples houses, being Christian was at this time still illegal so they met in secret in their homes prior to this they met at the temple or tabernacles. Epenetus is consider one of the 70 disciples which Jesus calls and sends out in Luke 1o to be known as the first fruits meant that he came to the Faith and then thru Jesus working thru him others came to the Faith.

6 There were many women named Mary in the bible. It is unlikely that this refers to Jesus’ mother because she would not likely be alive at this time. Truth is Mary was a very common name for women at that time but she did much work, she was not afraid to get her hands dirty for the work of the gospel she was willing to do what she needed to do.