• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 15:7-9

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 15:7-9
KJV 7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God . 8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: 9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
Romans 15:7-9Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
7 So welcome each other, just as the Messiah has welcomed you into God’s glory. 8 For I say that the Messiah became a servant of the Jewish people in order to show God’s truthfulness by making good his promises to the Patriarchs, 9 and in order to show his mercy by causing the Gentiles to glorify God — as it is written in the Tanakh,
“Because of this I will acknowledge you among the Gentiles
and sing praise to your name.”

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

7 To receive others like Christ means we are to be forgiving and show love but also means more. It is by the glory of God, His grace that we can be imitators of Christ.

8 Circumcision showed the covenant they had with God an earthly covenant that including blessings of God and land. The covenant we have is Christ and it is both earthly and heavenly it does not stop at our death but only truly begins there. The covenant of old is fulfilled by the covenant we have thru Christ.

9 Christ came so all could give Him praise. Today many nations do the least many things from giving God’s praise. We should be stand outs in our nations. In a nation that does not give God praise we should stand out by giving God praise and doing the unpopular.