• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 15:22-24

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 15:22-24
KJV 22 For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you. 23 But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you; 24 Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.
Romans 15:22-24 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
22 This is also why I have so often been prevented from visiting you. 23 But now, since there is no longer a place in these regions that needs me, and since I have wanted for many years to come to you, 24 I hope to see you as I pass through on my way to Spain, and to have you help me travel there after I have enjoyed your company awhile.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

22 There are some things that keep us from doing, notice Paul was kept but did not blame Satan. Not every thing that seems bad is from Satan, Paul be allowed to go to Rome later to reach levels God had not allowed anyone else to, those ruling Rome, this was not Satan preventing Paul but God not allowing Paul to go Yet. We need to reflect because sometimes is God’s will that we are not yet able.

23 Paul wanted to Rome, he went to other places and more places but had not yet came to Rome. Often times we can want something so bad that we forget to consider what God wants, Paul did not make this mistake but we often do. While Paul wanted to go to Rome and he wanted the Romans to know that he wanted to go there, God had not yet allowed it so Paul did what he could and sent this letter to them.

24 Paul would go to Rome before all this, he goes as a prisoner of Christ. Some Paul may have been able to go to Spain after spending the winter in Nicopolis but if he did not go then it is highly unlikely that he ever went due to him being arrested soon after. Most though, say Paul was planning to go to Spain after his second visit to cities but never made due to his arrest in Corinth which he went to Rome after and was put to death soon after writing 2nd Timothy.