• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 15:17-19

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 15:17-19
KJV 17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Romans 15:17-19Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
17 In union with the Messiah Yeshua, then, I have reason to be proud of my service to God; 18 for I will not dare speak of anything except what the Messiah has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience by my words and deeds, 19 through the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Yerushalayim all the way to Illyricum I have fully proclaimed the Good News of the Messiah.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 We are not to boast in ourselves but boast in Christ this is also referred more common as giving Him praise. We are nothing without Christ; we are without life without Christ, all the good we can do is because of Him and apart from having Him there is no good because all the things of the flesh lead to destruction.

18 People know by the way we talk that we are Christians. We should have a passion for Christ and have an excitement about what the Lord is using us for, it is not bragging but we can not keep silent about the blessings He has shown us and then chances to serve He has given us. It is only bragging when we take focus off Him to put focus on us.

19 The Lord has a plan for all of us Paul knew His many of us know ours but our we living up to it and does God come before our plans because if He does not He will change plans to regain a closeness with us. Remember Paul wanted to go to Rome and believed that God would send him to Rome but he went as a prisoner and by that made the stepping stone by Christ using him to winning many in authority to the Faith which would later lead to Christianity no longer becoming Illegal within the Roman world.