• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 15:14-16

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 15:14-16
KJV 14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Romans 15:14-16Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
14 Now I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and well able to counsel each other. 15 But on some points I have written you quite boldly by way of reminding you about them, because of the grace God has given me 16 to be a servant of the Messiah Yeshua for the Gentiles, with the priestly duty of presenting the Good News of God, so that the Gentiles may be an acceptable offering, made holy by the Ruach HaKodesh.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 We should also try to persuade those who share the faith with us to be full of goodness but also need to be encouraged as well sometimes when things do not go our way it is hard to do things that are good. We are to learn from each other growing together in the knowledge of our Lord; this is why groups such as Sunday school are so important. Sometimes we also need to show correction this is not to rub their mistakes in their face but to aid them in doing what is right, this needs to be first done in private and only made public as a last resort to bring them back. We all need someone who can talk to us and advise us when we are going to do good but is hard and when we are doing wrong to tell us we need to stop, having more than one person is good. Often times having someone to talk about our problems as Christians helps our walk.

15 We need to be reminded at times why we serve Christ and why we do not live by the world if we have Christ a quick reminder should do wonders for us. God will use different things at different times to remind us why we are His and where He has brought us from this is done to help us go to where He leads us,

16 This was what Paul was called to do we each having a calling and should allow God to lead us to it. We are called to minister for Christ as Paul was. We may not be called to be a Paul but He does not want us to be a Paul He wants us to do our best to mirror Christ and be who we are for Him in doing what He has called us.

Back