• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 14:13-14

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 14:13-14
KJV 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Romans 14:13-14
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
13 Therefore, let’s stop passing judgment on each other! Instead, make this one judgment — not to put a stumbling block or a snare in a brother’s way. 14 I know — that is, I have been persuaded by the Lord Yeshua the Messiah — that nothing is unclean in itself. But if a person considers something unclean, then for him it is unclean;
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 We should not show any judgment to our fellow Christians if they have Christ they will listen to reason if they are falling off the path of righteousness they do not need to do they are wrong if they have Him they should already know this. We should not cause a fellow Christian to stumble because of anything we do; we should not bring up their past mistakes to hurt them but can to encourage them by reminding them of where God had brought them. We should think about others when we do things but thinking of others should never come before us thinking of Christ.

14 We you come Jesus your path is for your there is going to be differences in where the Lord leads you but it is always on the path of righteousness. We seek nothing more than pleasing Jesus by doing this we will be in the path of righteous and this only comes by first accepting Jesus as the Lord He is and having Him lead our life in the ways of God because without Him we would follow the ways of our flesh.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Correction is what we are commanded to do, in love. Just to judge and condemn is destructive.

As the Bible also says, we will be judged in the manner we judge. So it can come back on us as well.

There are the occasions where we are told to separate ourselves from sinning Christians. If we do not, as individuals and churches, the risk of being drawn down with them is there.

Goal one is bringing those failing back on the path, not acting all superior, high and mighty.

Anything else is the foundation of cults.