• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 13:8-10

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 13:8-10
KJV(i) 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
JuliaSmith(i) 8 Owe ye nothing to none, except to love one another: for he loving another has completed the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal Thou shalt not bear false testimony, Thou shalt not covet; and if any other command in this word it is summed up, in it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 10 Love works no evil to the neighbor: love therefore the completion of the law.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 We should do our best not to be in debt and to owe nothing to anyone, this does not mean we will refuse gifts but means we will not be burden by them. To owe someone something can be a burden and this is a burden we should avoid. Now in today’s world one has to great loans to buy things but we should do our best to pay these loans off as soon as we can and never take on more loans than we can handle. As Christians we should not look for payback for the good things we do but only do them out of love and not do them because of what we can get in return by doing this you are only thinking about you, you with this mind frame help so you can gain. We should help out of love. I glad Christ does not expect us to pay Him back for all He had done for us because I could not come close even if He gave me all the time in the world.

9 If we love our neighbor or anyone we come in contact with we will not wrong them. Now we are not perfect so we will fall to the flesh at times. If we love our neighbor we will not only wrong them but help them. Jesus loved us His neighbor and died for us.

10 Thru love we will not wrong our neighbor and will treat them as Christ would, we will not be perfect at this and this does not mean we will support everything they do because Christ did not support everything people did and He will judge sins, we are to share the scripture with people who are not living for Him, this may seem mean but letting them go to hell is not an act of love.