• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 13:4-5

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 13:4-5
KJV(i) 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
JuliaSmith(i) 4 For he is servant of God to thee for good. And if thou do evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword without order: for he is servant of God, avenging for anger to him doing evil. 5 Wherefore necessity to be placed under, not only for anger, but also for consciousness.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 We should avoid evil to best represent the Lord. The Lord is good when who follow after Him need to be good as well, which can only come by us first coming to Him because without Him none are found good. God avenge all evil and punish a sin that is not covered by the blood.

5 We should not only do right to avoid God’s wrath but because it is what is right. We who follow Christ have are sins forgiven by Him and have followed Him by faith which will lead us home. We should do right because it is that right thing to do. Many years ago a saying went around WWJD. What Would Jesus Do, the idea was to ask this question before doing anything and you would live better by thinking before doing, now this would not make one perfect because we will still fall into sin. We are flesh s we will sin but living by Him with the Spirit we as believers should not want to sin.